𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

❦ ᴏᴘᴛɪᴍᴀʟ ❦

The next day arrived and it was already the children's free time

The next day arrived and it was already the children's free time. Calynn, as always sat next to Ray burying her nose in her science fiction book but, not before she noticed Emma and Norman making their way towards the woods. It was suspicious enough that they have started to ignore both Ray and herself. So she decided to speak up about it to her friend.

"Aren't they being kinda-"

"Suspicious?"

"Ah... I guess you noticed it too, Ray."

"Of course. They're always hanging around us and suddenly they just stop? Sus."

"Maybe you uh, wanna tail them?"

"I wanted to ask you that earlier but I forgot. Anyways, yeah. Let's see what those two are doing ignoring us and all."

Ray and Calynn shut their books and stood up from their place before striding towards where Emma and Norman were at.

Passing the trees and branches, going across a small stream, they heard both a male and female voice in the distance. It was quiet enough so they could clearly hear them talk.

"Don't you think it's time to tell Ray and Calynn?" Tell us what? Norman answered.

"At first, I was thinking the same thing too. Knowing both of them, they wouldn't panic. They're smart and also know a lot about machinery and science. I'm sure they'll be able to help us out.

Norman had a look in his eyes.

Calm and precise. Ray always thinks ahead and finds most optimal solutions to things. Calynn on the other hand can think and make up situations that could happen making it easier to avoid the worst that might happen.

Norman knew that their help was absolutely needed if they all wanted to survive. But he could only glance at Emma, knowing she haven't figure out the chances of them escaping with everyone.

The ravenette and the brunette both stealthily sat on a rock behind the two without them noticing.

"I'll talk to them. You should head back for the time being."

"Why? You can tell us right now."

Ray suddenly announced, bringing a hand up as a greeting making the two friends jolt. At the same time, Calynn gave them a small wave and a smile.

"RAY?!!"

"Sorry. Me and Ray followed you guys all the way here."