𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

❦ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴄʟᴀʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏғ ᴡᴀʀ ❦

None of us will live here forever

None of us will live here forever. Before turning 12, all of us are arranged to leave the house and sent out to live with our ғᴏsᴛᴇʀ ᴘᴀʀᴇɴᴛs.

"Calynn, when I go outside, I'll promise to send you a lot of letters! So make sure to send me reply letters back." The girl who was now in her departing outfit, she looked up at the brunette giving her a hug which the other returned.

"Yeah... I ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇ. Always remember big sis will always remember and love you."

Calynn felt her heart clench in pain. No, she doesn't want her little sibling to leave. She doesn't her to see what is actually roaming the outside land. The curly haired brunette felt her grip on the little girl tightened as she felt useless, unable to do anything to save her sibling. Again.

"I'll keep giving it my best even after I leave the house. I'll be fine! After all, I've got ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʙᴇʀɴɪᴇ with me!" The girl stared at her stuffed rabbit bringing it closer to her chest before continuing.

"You know, Little Bernie is a unique one. There's only one of him in the world!

"Conny, happy 6th birthday!"

"He's a treasure that Mama made specially for me." She gave the toy plushie a squeeze, remembering the event that took place on her 6th birthday.

"I'm not that bright, and I'm not as amazing as you guys... But I want to become a ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ just like Mama once I'm all grown up! And then, I will never ever let go of my kids!"

"Conny..." the others who were with her stared at the platinum blonde girl in awe. The ginger head attacking her with a hug.

"Calynn." She felt a hand rest on top of her shoulder in a way of comfort. Realising who it was, she sent him a small smile bringing her hands up towards her chest in a fist.

The agonising pain that went through her every time her sibling would get adopted was too much for her to bear. Every time she'd forget about the actual goals of this house, her sibling's adoptions was always a wake-up call. A way of remembering how cruel and terrible the world actually is.

The others started saying their goodbye's to Conny before she finally left the house. The door clicked open and close as the light from the lantern slowly fades away into darkness.

It was terrifying to think about the next adoption. It could be anyone. It might be Emma, Norman, Ray or even herself.