𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

❦ sᴘʏ - ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1 ❦

The sun was down, the afterglow of sunset lingering on the horizon

The sun was down, the afterglow of sunset lingering on the horizon. Their caretaker had rung the bell, signalling it was time for the children to head inside the orphanage and get ready for dinner. The four walked back from the woods together and saw a few lingering kids around.

"What was Phil's average score again?" The raven-haired boy asked the female beside him.

"Um... I believe his most recent average was around 203 or so."

"That's quite high for a five year-old." Calynn muttered under her breath seeing the children playing around with one another.

"In the last game of tag with Sister Krone, he was among the last six remaining kids. He's always looking for Calynn and Norman along with Shelly." Ray added making Emma gasped at the realisation.

The poor ginger-head couldn't help but suspect all of her siblings including the younger ones like Phil and Shelly. Her face melded into one that showed fear and shock before crouching down and ruffling her locks in a panic.

"AAGGHHHHH!!! STOP! YOU'RE SCARING THE WITS OUT OF ME!"

"You idiot... Learn to doubt people even if you don't like it!" Ray said before he felt a throb behind his.

"Stop teasing our dearest Emma, Ray." Calynn deadpanned at the male as he looked away to the side pouting.

They walked inside now that the sky had turned dark and stars were painting the sky, the moon rises slowly from the east. The children were seated in their orphanage they called home before clasping their hands together in a prayer.

"Thanks for the food!" The children says digging into the delicacies in front of them with some sighing in content from the taste of the warm and delicious food.

They were all happy and were munching their food in delight except for one who wasn't eating. She stared at the food in front of her but instead felt quite nauseous.

She stood up from her seat and gave her food to Emma, who happily accepted and excused herself from the dining hall but not before giving her siblings one of her usual soft smile. After she exited the dining hall and was out of their sight, she ran to the bathroom as fast as lightning and shut the door.

Gripping the sides of the toilet bowl, she emptied out the content from her stomach into the bowl. Sweat ran down her temple as she continued to do so.

The shock from noticing who the spy was hit her back at the dining hall and caused her to feel all the burden crashing down on the brunette.