𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎

❦ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ❦

"Playing tag in teams?" The four oldest children could be seen hanging the laundry as it was quite a breezy day

"Yeah." Ray said, holding a hanging stick in his hands then proceeded to explain to Emma.

"The vast majority of us will die if we try to escape individually." Emma now looked at the ravenette, about to throw hands but was stopped by non other than Calynn who silently agreed with Ray.

"Still, I think all of the kids had decent moves. We've also collected some new data."

"We'll be able to escape if we do so in teams."

"And to do that... we have to train by playing tag in teams as well." Emma muttered, holding a basket in her hands.

"For now, I'm just going to have you memorize ten types of team formations."

"By ear?"

"Don't tell me you can't do it, Emma~" Calynn poked her sides which she laughed since she was ticklish there.

"Too hard for you?" Ray smirked at the ginger-head slightly taunting her.

"Nope, piece of cake!"

And that's how they ended up playing tag in teams. This way, it would be even if it's a little bit, but safer for them to escape.

"We've got to step up our game. Let's start arranging these training sessions to make them more applicable in real life situations... both pre and post escape." Norman continued. "Also, I'm thinking about letting Don and Gilda in our plan soon. We'll explain the situation and have them lead each team."

"I think that's a good idea. But I think, Gilda knows what's up." Calynn spoke up.

"Why is that?"

"Apparently, when Emma and I went to check on Carol for the trackers, she was about to ask something about the night when Norman and Emma went out to the gate. And she sounded quite suspicious and... worried." The brunette said her head facing down, feeling guilty for making her sister feel that way even when she wasn't the one who went.

"Then the better we tell her. Don't want to make Gilda feel sad." Rays said plopping a hand on top of the girl's head, caressing it gently. His eyes softened towards the girl as her cerulean orbs met with his dark ones. Her face then curled up into a soft smile, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"RAY AND CALYNN SITTING ON A TREE
K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Emma said with Toma and Lani glued to her sides snickering. Norman also managed to smirk and taunt the two.

"Norman, I will not hesitate to reveal what you did one time at Emma's bed."

"And you two as well as Emma. I will NOT hesitate to tell Mama you guys ate her jar of cookies in the kitchen."