XVI: We Really Are Just Kids

"So wait, who finally confessed?" The clinking of the spoon inside of the cup was loud as the coffee was being mixed

"It was me, Will.  I made sure it was short and sweet," a certain loud boy said proudly with a big grin.

"You yelled 'listen well because I'm saying this once. I have feelings for you and it's about time you acknowledged them.  In. My. Face," I pointed out.  Will put his hand over his mouth and started laughing his ass off.

"I- nothing Tommy we're on stream."

"Then end it."

"But-"

"I got something important to say.  End it."

"Fine.  So apparently this hot-headed loser wants me to end the stream.  Bye chat and have a great day or night or afternoon wherever you are!" I ended the stream and turned off my monitors, turning my chair towards him.  He was bouncing his leg up and down and fiddling with his fingers.

"What did you need-"

"'Listen well because I'm saying this once. I have feelings for you and it's about time you acknowledged them!" he rushed through, wiping the sweat off his hands onto his pants.

I sat there, stunned by the sudden confession.

"I-uh..."

"I understand if you don't like me back it is a bit too early and-" I hugged him.

"Stop rambling.  I like you too, goofball."

"It worked, right?  I did everything perfectly," Tommy said proudly.  Will was laughing even louder in the small cafe.

"Alright I'm gonna change the subject before Tommy starts talking so fast his jaw falls off.  How are your parents?" Will asked.

"They're recovering.  Broken ribs and legs but the doctor said they'll be fine."

"And school?"

"Will, you aren't our parent," I complained.

"S-sorry it's a habit."

"School is good anyways.  Always gotta love those pre-tests with the check all that apply," I complained as I took a long sip of my smoothie.  Tommy burst out laughing.

"I got a B+ on that!" Tommy exclaimed. 

"I got an A-."

"I don't care."

"Did I ask bitch boy?"

"No, but I wanted to talk."

"Can you two shut up?  No wonder you're dating!" Will whined.  I blushed and laughed.  We really are just two kids.

"You guys wanna go over to laser tag in a bit?" Will offered.  We both nodded and had a contest of who could drink their drink the fastest.

Tommy won.

--- --- ---

"Thank you!" I said as the worker clipped my vest in place.  Tommy was on the other team while me and Will were on the same team.  There were five players on each side.  Their home base was 10 points and the tiny circle where our heart is was also 10 points.  Everything else on the vest was two.  When I walked out, I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

"Totally target Tommy?" Will asked.

"Yup I was already planning on that."

We giggled as we hid behind structures occasionally getting hit but covering each other's backs.  Literally.  I was more of covering Will's leg which didn't matter since a target wasn't there.  I was more of a distraction.  I could duck and dive better and went on the search for the home base.  I could see Tommy camping the structure next to it and leaning on it.

I went behind him and tapped his shoulder.

"I could kill you, y'know."

"Yeah but you won't."

"Yeah, I know." He lowered his gun.  I moved in closer and went close to his face and saw that he was going in for a kiss.  

Instead, I dodged him.

"L'manberg citizens send their regards," I whispered as I shot him right where his heart target was and ran to find Will hearing Tommy cursing behind me.

"Will I got him!"

"Nice kid!"

The lights went on, indicating the session was over.  

"That wasn't fair!" Tommy yelled.  "You tricked me!"

"Sorry if you're so gullible."

We looked at the scoreboard.  Will and I were 2nd and 3rd.  Apparently, a 6-year-old kid named Tristan got first from his mom letting him shoot the heart target on her vest.

As we walked out of there, Will and Tommy were bickering.

"I totally would have won if it weren't for that fucking kid!"

"Will, he's 6.  Let him be."

Then they both broke out into song singing "Right Hand Man" from Hamilton.  They were, after all, George Washington and Alexander Hamilton.  Tommy kept tripping over the sidewalk over basically nothing.  At one point, Will gave me a piggyback ride as Tommy kept saying he wanted one too as Will sped up and we all raced to the car.

This has to be one of my favorite days ever.

___ _____ ___ ___

Hello! Let me tell you now, the posts will be random since I have school to focus on aswell. Thank you to the people who are constantly supporting me and I hope this book makes you happy as much as it makes me happy!

Vote, Comment, and Share Please!

I'm open to suggestions!!! Just PM me or comment!

I love you all! Happy Reading <3