1

Lyon, France ..... is a charming city in France where I was forced to go to continue my work. A lot of people did not like me in my hometown of London. The other detectives there were scared of me for being too serious all the time..... I mean, what a bunch of bull crap. I dedicated my work to them, and they threw me into a new department in a new city because I was a workaholic. I hate everything about this; I knew I should not have stayed with that company from the start.

I was ordered to change cities and relax more, so they sent me to Lyon, France. They did not have a lot of crime, and my job would be easy. However, I do not want an easy job; I want to do something and help people. That is precisely why I became a detective in the first place. I guess I will keep myself occupied in some way. The only way to show how serious I am in front of these French people is to be so good that I become the head detective in their department.

The only good thing about this transfer is that my last department ensured I was comfortable in a home with enough money and food to last me until I started getting paid at my new department. They were generous with that, for the most part. My new place might have been small, but I do not go out on dates or anything for that matter, so it is perfect for one person.

I arrived at my new home in the early morning. The movers helped bring my belongings to my apartment floor and soon left right after. I was told I needed to meet my department head tomorrow, so I had a little time to unpack my things and prepare to start my day tomorrow.

I looked around the semi-dusty apartment and slowly rolled up my sleeves "well, this place isn't going to clean itself," I laughed. I gathered my hair into a hair tie, and although some of my hair poked out of it, I felt ready to make this apartment look like my own already.

~
The next day, I arrived at my department around ten in the morning as ordered. "Excuse me; I'm the new detective," I spoke in French to the secretary. "Yes, of course.... your department is on the third floor," she smiled, pointing to the elevator. I nodded a thank you and walked in the direction she told me.

Arriving on the floor was a lot more hectic than I thought it would be. Everyone was running all over the place, and shouting could be heard hitting the walls of every point. "Uhhh..." was all I managed to say as I tried to pass through many of my possible coworkers.

"Excuse me, can you tell me where the head detective is?" I tried asking many of the people running around, but they would all ignore me. I finally grabbed ahold of one person and looked them in the eye. "Uhhh, you see, where can I find the head of the department," I asked. The guy looked me in the eyes, and his face looked sickened. "Ahhhh.... you must be the transfer; the head detective is in that office over there...." he pointed. I nodded and was about to walk away, but he grabbed me. "By the way, call him Detective Torris. He gets annoyed when people can't pronounce his last name."

I nodded and started to walk in that direction. I finally saw that on the door; there was a sign there that meant he was the head. I knocked on the door twice and waited for an answer. However, nothing came out of the door. I slowly opened it and saw a highly annoyed man with long hair. "What do you want!" He shouted. His French was broken, probably because he had spoken another language before. "Ahhh, I am the transfer," I said, somewhat unsettled. His eyes finally met mine, and I could tell he was a severe man.

"I see.... well, I will have someone give you a tour of the office and to your desk."
"Thank you..." I spoke awkwardly.
"I hear you were one of the best detectives in your last department. What was the reason for deciding to drop you with me?" He asked.
"Well... I suppose that I had intense enthusiasm.... and it scared people," I spoke nervously. He lifted an eyebrow and started to laugh loudly. "That is the worst.... but it can not be helped. People are jealous for no reason. I hope this new department will help you in the long run."

I nodded at what he said, and he grabbed a phone to call for someone to take me on tour. "Alright, detective Vargas will be showing you around. Do you have any questions before you leave? I am busy, and it will be hard for us to speak again." He said, rubbing his temples. "Yes... I do actually..." there was a pause before I opened my mouth again. "I was sent here because my previous head thought I should be in a setting where it wasn't always chaotic.... however, it seemed like everyone was running around. I have to ask, but what is the reason? Did something happen recently?" I asked, concerned.

He looked back at me with a dark aura, breathing out heavily. " So you noticed.." he laughed. I nodded and waited for him to continue. "Well, I was going to assign you on the team on the case, so I guess it will be alright for me to say. You see, there have been a lot of .... animalistic murders lately. People being found murdered with no traces of blood inside of them."

My eyes widened as I continued to listen. "They weren't slaughtered; only trace is bite markings and no blood."
He said sadly.
"That is impossible, though; what kind of animal could drain someone's whole body of blood?" I asked, horrified. "We have not the slightest clue, but it's been happening for the past month already... a total of ten people have been killed this way." He spoke. The detective handed me the files of the case and sat back down. "Maybe with your help, we could get to the bottom of this case faster."

The whole story was crazy..... what kind of animal could do something so horrific? It sent shivers down my spine thinking about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
So this is my new story; I hope you all like it.

Make sure to like and comment.
More updates to come.

💖💖💖💖💖❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️