6

"We have all looked at the evidence and there is no trace of anything," I said concerned. "I know, none of this makes sense, I've never dealt with anything like this before," Antonio said horrified. The conference room door opened, and in came Feli. "Arthur, there is a guy here asking for you," he said. "Oh?! Does Arthur have a friend? Bring him in Feli!" Gilbert laughed. "Who gave you permission!"

The door opened, and in came Francis. It was definitely weird seeing him, especially after his freak-out the other night.  "Oh... hello.." I managed to say. "I came to bring you lunch, as an apology for the other night. I wasn't myself," he said, showing me food. I could already feel the stares from Gilbert and Antonio.

"Oh? Arthur, will you introduce us?"
"No."
"What? Why not? That's mean!"
"Yeah! Arthur is being mean," Antonio added.
"This is Antonio and Gilbert, my teammates on the case. Idiots meet Francis, Francis this is idiots."
"Nice to meet you, We are idiots!" they all said in unison.

"Thank you for the food, but you didn't have to," I laughed pulling him to the side. "It was no trouble really," he smiled. "So, are you around them all day?" He asked. "Oh ... yeah for the most part," I smiled. I took the food from his hands and smiled. "Do you want to come over to my house tonight? I could use some help with something," I just asked so I could be nice. I mean he showed he is a genuine person, so I didn't see why not. His face lit up with happiness as he started to nod his head enthusiastically.

"Absolutely! What's your address? And what time?" He asked. "My address is this," I smiled handing him a paper I wrote on. "And I guess come over around eight tonight," I smiled. He nodded once more and smiled. "Great, I will see you then," he cheered. He turned around to walk out the door, but he accidentally ran into the wall.

"Oh! Are you okay?" I asked concerned. I helped him up, and his face turned red. "Yes! I'm fantastic! Bye!" He said, leaving quickly. I have no idea if that was weirder than what happened the other night. "Wow, someone has a crush on you," Antonio teased. "Oh shut it, he is just a ....friend who I met from doing house duty," I pointed out.

"Yeah, right, we saw the way he looked at you. He totally wants to sleep with you," Gilbert laughed. "You are both idiots," I hissed.

~
That night, I prepared for Francis to come over by cleaning up my apartment. "I should do this more often...." I laughed. There was a sudden knock on the door, and I quickly walked over to answer it. "Hi.. thank you for having me over," Francis smiled nervously. I moved aside for him to come in and gestured for him to take a seat. "It smells good in here," he laughed. "Oh, thank you.... I didn't spray anything," I laughed as well.

He sat down in my on my sofa, and I took a seat beside him. "So, what did you need help with?" He asked. "Oh! Well, you see, it's this case. I know you aren't a detective, but I thought maybe another point of view could me. I need to feel the culprit behind these killings, but it's so weird. It's like they disappear; not a trace is left behind," I said sadly. I looked up at him, and he got earnest.

I showed him the file, and he looked at it slowly. "Aren't you scared that you could get killed?" He asked. "Yes, but knowing I've helped people makes up for it in the end," I smiled. "I see; you are the type to give your life for someone else," he said. "Oh.... well yeah, I guess so," I laughed again nervously.  Francis closed the file and placed it on my coffee table. "Arthur, you are something else," He smiled.

Francis got closer to me, and I slowly started to back up. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked. He continued to come closer, and I soon fell off the sofa. "Oh! Are you okay?" He asked, trying not to laugh. I looked at him from the floor and tried not to laugh. "I'm fine... if you didn't make me fall over, I would have been better," I said, shaking my head.

I stood up from the floor, about to head toward the kitchen, but he stopped me. "What is it?" I asked. "Oh, sorry, I just.... my bad," he said quickly. "Do you want some tea?" I asked. "Sure..." he spoke with a slight nod. For some reason, I felt that he was extremely nervous. "Francis, what kind of food do you like? Maybe I can make something?" I asked, looking through my cabinets.

"Food?...ahh.... you don't have to," he laughed. I took out a pot and looked at him curiously. "It's no problem; I can do it. Plus, I like the practice," I smiled. "Practice?" He asked. "Well yeah.... so I can be a better cook," I added. "Ahhh, I see.."

He stood up from my sofa and walked toward me slowly. Francis came up behind me and started to hold me in his arms, his head on the crook of my neck. "What is it?" I asked. "Nothing.... I just want to be friends with you. Are we friends now?" He asked. I lifted my brow, a little confused, pushing him away from me. "Well... I guess you wouldn't be in my house if we weren't .... well, friends are a strong one. Let's start as acquaintances," I suggested.

His eyes lit up like a puppy as he started to nod all over the place again. "Thank you!" He cheered. He was so odd; I had never had anyone ask to be my friend like that. Maybe he is a lonely guy? That could explain a lot. I mean, he only mentioned a sister, so it makes sense. I think I will dig a little deeper into him and his personality.

"Hmmm...?"
"What is it?"
"I just noticed right now, but you are super cold. Do you want a blanket? I mean, it is starting to get cold outside."
"Ahhh.... no, I'm fine, don't worry," he smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment
💖💖💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️