7

"So, have you always lived in France?"
"Yes."
"Do you have any other family?"
"No."
"Friends?"
"No."
"Girlfriend?"
"No."
"Pet?"
"No."
"What's your favorite color?"
"Purple."
"Animal?"
"Cat."
"Why is your hair so long?"
"I don't know?....because?"
"Hmmmm..... I see," I said leaning back in my seat. "Why are you interrogating me so much?" He asked. "I thought it would be an easier way for me to get to know you," I laughed.

He looked at me with the sweetest smile and walked over to where I was sitting. "Now, it's my turn to ask the questions..." he smiled. Francis grabbed my chin to look at him, and I felt my entire face get hot. "Hands off," I demanded as I turned away from him.  His arm was around me, and he pulled me closer to him. "What is it?" I asked. "Nothing.... I just really like the way you smell sometimes," He laughed. "Okay, just get on with the questions."

"Have you always lived in England?"
"Yes, I was born in London."
"Any siblings?"
"Yes, three brothers."
"Are you the youngest?"
"Yes."
"Why did you decide to become a detective?..."
"Umm.... I guess so that I could help people get justice."
"Do you have a girlfriend?"
"No"
"Boyfriend?...."
"What?! Why on earth would you ask that?! Of course not," I said nervously. My face was getting hot again as I tried to look away from him.

"Okay then.... let's see. What do you like to do for fun?"
"I guess just spend time by myself."
"Do you have a lot of friends?"
"Not a lot.... but I guess a few."
"Have you ever been in a relationship?"
"No...." I said, looking at him, annoyed. "Are you done?" I asked. "Yeah, I guess I'll just have to find out more about you later," He laughed.

"Oh right?!"
"What is it?"
"What's your blood type?"
"My blood type?...." I asked, confused.
"Yeah.... unless you want me to find out," He said with a smirk. I looked at him, confused, as he started to get closer to me. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked, confused. "Finding out your blood type..." he laughed. Francis pinned me down to the sofa, and I felt like I couldn't move. "Hey! Let me go!!" I shouted. Francis grabbed my wrists and pinned both of them above my head. "Just hold still," he whispered.

He moved my head to the side and started to shove his face into the crook of my neck. "What are you doing?" I asked. The only thing that began to go through my head was my case of the animal-like human drinking the blood of its victims. I soon started to move around helplessly. A massive pinch on my neck caused me to wince in pain.

"Got you! My little bunny," he laughed. Francis separated from me and let me go. I quickly felt my neck, and there was nothing.... just the tingle of a pinch he left behind. "What was that for?" I asked, annoyed. "Well, your work just seemed funny to me. I thought I'd joke around with you." He laughed at me. I immediately felt embarrassed about what I had thought. "You are an idiot," I said, shaking my head.

"Hey, but seriously.... you are looking for a mythical creature; why even bother trying to find someone like that?" He asked seriously. "Well, it doesn't change the fact that people are being killed. I won't stop until I find out who is behind these murders or killings. It's evil, and I refuse to accept defeat," I said seriously.

He looked me in the eyes, and I saw his face dropped. "Gosh, I knew you would say that.... but why does it upset me?" He spoke. "Huh? What do you mean?" I asked. "Oh, nothing, you wouldn't understand," He laughed. I lifted my eyebrow confused, and just turned away from him. He sat quietly beside me, and I couldn't help but feel this barrier. He was hiding something from me, and I knew it. But instead of respecting his privacy, I felt drawn to find out what it was he was hiding from me.

"Say, do you want to go out sometime? Like, hang out somewhere?" He asked. "Uhh.... sure, did you have something in mind?" I asked. "I'm not sure, actually...I'll think of something," He laughed nervously. I quickly got up and grabbed a piece of paper. I wrote my cell phone number on it and handed it to him. "This is my cell phone. Text me whenever you'd like, and we can come up with something," I smiled. I noticed how quickly his cheeks turned pink as I slid the paper toward him. "Thank you... I look forward to it."

He stood up and pulled me in for an embrace. "What is this for?" I asked. "Nothing... you are just a nice person; I hope you will be safe in your work," He spoke softly. I looked at him, confused, and saw how serious he was. "Well, of course, I'm not stupid," I laughed. "I'm serious, don't do anything stupid that will get you hurt," He said sternly. I quickly let go of him and turned to the side. "If I were to get hurt, so be it. It's my job to protect people, despite what happens to me."

He looked at me a bit angry but calmed down quickly. "I wouldn't know what to do if you were hurt. Do it for me?" He smiled, kissing my cheek. I immediately wanted to scream from embarrassment. "Uhhhh..." was all I managed to say. "I'm glad you understand my concern," he laughed. Francis put his shoes on and waved goodbye to me as he left outside the door. However, I was still shocked by the kiss, that I stood dumbfounded for a moment. Holding my hand over the spot where he kissed me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️