16

After getting Arthur's text, I quickly went to his apartment. It was a windy night, so I put my hair up. "You heading out?" Lucile asked. "Yeah, I'll be back, though," I smiled. "Okay, well don't take long, both Ivan and Lukas are in town, and they wanted to meet up," She said. "Yeah yeah I know that," I waved. It was no trouble to make it to Arthur's apartments quickly but I wanted to stop and bring him some food. He mentioned that he wanted to eat tonight so I don't want to disappoint.

I stopped at this cafe that he mentioned he liked and got some soup for him. It was pretty cold, so I'm sure he would like that. I soon started to wonder what he needed me to come over so quickly for. As I stood in line to get food I kept trying to think of the obvious things I may have done, but I came up short. "Heh, what if he ..." I stopped what I was about to say. My face grew serious at the thought of Arthur figuring it out.

I held onto the food tightly and ran in the direction of Arthur's apartments. "God! I'm so dead," I said, worried. He knows! He is going to confront me! I know it.

~
When I finally arrived at his apartment, I took a long way up. The stairs..... once I got onto his floor I slowly composed myself as I walked toward his room. However, I caught a very funny smell. I quickly walked to the hallway and saw a woman and child lying on the floor. "What the?..." I said, confused. I knew they were dead, but how?

I saw the room door open, and I quickly walked over to it. The two people had their necks snapped in two, and it was gross to look at. My mind became dizzy as I saw Arthur's house a complete dump. I quickly walked in, closing the door behind me. "What on earth happened here?" I started to look around, and I found a bunch of files on his table. They were of me from all time periods. "So you did figure it out," I spoke sadly.

There was a faint scent lingering in the air that made me feel nervous. I turned around quickly, and I saw a blood stain on the wall. My eyes widened as I saw how fresh it was. "What happened to him?" I said, walking towards the blood. I smelled it, and I had an overwhelming feeling fill me. I bit down on my lip to calm myself down, and I just knew what just happened.

I walked back to the table and grabbed all of Arthur's files, hiding them in his closet. "Lukas and Ivan came to visit," I spoke. I know they will let him go if I explain the situation; they probably have the wrong idea.

I quickly jumped out the window and looked around. They have to be at our house. If Arthur was bleeding, they had to have hurt him somehow. I felt anger sweep me as I thought about it. "Those idiots! Lukas should know better," I snapped.

~
Once I arrived outside of our house, I knocked on the door. "Lukas!! Ivan!! You better explain yourselves," I demanded. As I expected, I saw Ivan, Lukas, and Lucile sitting around the table together. "Oh hello, we took care of that pest for you," Ivan smiled. I was soon filled with rage as I looked at him. "What did you do?!" I asked. I ran over to him and held him up by his shirt collar.

"Calm down; Lucile said that we were in the right for what we did. That human was manipulating you," Lukas said, stepping in. "What?!!" I yelled, looking at Lucile. "You know how I feel about him; this was for the best." She shrugged. "Where is he?" I asked, looking at them. "Upstairs, probably almost done bleeding out. I hope you don't mind; we helped ourselves," Ivan laughed, showing me his glass.

Complete rage was all I could think of. I smacked the glass over and glared at them. "What? He found out about you and pretended to be your friend until he could figure out if you were the killer. He played you, my dear friend," Lukas said calmly. "What?" I asked, confused. If anything, I was the one who manipulated him. "It's true, Francis; he only wanted to keep you around so that his suspicion would be confirmed," Lucile said seriously.

"Where are you even getting this from?" I asked, confused. "We had been watching him since yesterday. So thank us for figuring it out. He did research on you from your days in America. He went to find you last night because he knew you were leaving. It was a setup, and you got played," Ivan laughed. "Well, the little human was a detective, so he did pretty well," Lukas shrugged.

If this is true... my confession... he probably laughed at me for the way I felt. "Is he upstairs bleeding out?" I asked. "Huh... don't worry, I helped his leg, but he is losing a lot of blood," Lucile spoke.  I breathed out and looked down to my feet. "Mathias passed away last week..... in his sleep," Lukas said sadly.

My eyes widened, and I felt sorry for him. "I'm sorry to hear that," I said. "Don't be; it was going to happen eventually. But don't be stupid," he said, looking at me. I lifted an eyebrow, a bit confused. "I gave you the choices already, Francis, and in this situation, he doesn't have long left," Lucile snarled.

"Then again, why would you want to change someone who betrayed you? Might as well put him out of his misery," Ivan laughed. I would need him to drink my blood to change him like me. I was not going to do that.
"I'll be back," I said slowly. I walked upstairs and into my bedroom, where I knew they had put him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️