13

America, 1966

"I have no idea what's worse, the lack of clothes or the fact that people want peace on earth," Lucile laughed. "Hmmm? I kinda like the idea," I smiled. I put my long hair in a hair tie and started to light up some pot. "Ugh.... look at you. I guess you were always one to keep up with the latest fad. But seriously, don't you get tired of it?" Lucile looked at me annoyed. "I don't see the problem; besides I kinda like this evolution the humans are having. I mean they wear fewer clothes, it's perfect for taking a bite and easier!"

Lucile laughed at me as I put some sunglasses on. "You have a point, but you had your fun with all this human rights stuff. What if someone were to notice how you aren't aging?" She glared. "Oh, are you worried about me?" I laughed. "To be honest, I am. You need to take into consideration how much of a pain it is to get new identification after we have so-called died," she said crossing her arms.

"Come on, it's the sixties. If people found out what I was they would think it was cool," I laughed. "You and your pothead friends are very public with each other. Need I remind you that religion is still a huge thing?" She pointed out. I could tell she was getting annoyed but I know she worries too much. "People will be more scared that I like men more than the realization that I am some folktale vampire. And they would use me to spread fear to other people. Like saying that all homosexual people are vampires from hell."

I looked at her trying to prove a point, and she stayed quiet. "Fine then! Do whatever you want. I am just trying to look out for you. You surround yourself with humans all the time and don't think about the consequences," She spat. "Me? Should I remind you about 1935? You wanted to adopt a child! How well do you think that would have gone?" I looked at her, annoyed. "Well.... you know I've always wanted kids... it pissed me off seeing everyone with one."

I finally breathed out and tried to calm down. "Don't worry about it..... I'm feeling kind of hungry right now, so my so-called friends won't even live to find out how old I am," I laughed. "Oh, you are sick! And you call me the evil one? Watch! One day you will meet a human you don't want to kill, and it's going to be the end of you," she said, shaking her head. "The day that happens; I better have a wooden spike through the chest," I laughed.

I put my shoes on, and she stopped me. "Are you going to kill them?" She asked sadly. I stopped and looked at her for a second. "No..... However, I know some KKK members are meeting together in Alabama in a few hours," I smiled. Her face turned relieved, and a smile arose. "See, I knew you had a heart still," she laughed.

"America is always the last for everything," I said, shaking my head. I started to leave the house, and Lucile just waved me off. Alabama was a small trip, but I'd make it there on time to get some food.

~
Once I arrived at one of the small towns, it was no question that they were all getting ready to raid a poor community. They were always picking fights, it was so annoying.

I watched them from afar as I watched them get ready. It amazed me how even they had kids dress up as well. Lucky for them, I don't like killing kids. I don't know how to describe my motive for that, but I never kill kids or elderly people. Maybe it's the taste? Or perhaps it's my morals? Who knows.

As they started to chant and light their sticks with fire. I felt a smile creep on my face as I looked at them. I climbed down from my tree and walked up to one of them. I lightly tapped them, and the man turned around from what he was doing. "Shouldn't you be dressed up already?" He asked. I laughed at his comment and shook my head. "As if I'd ever wear something like that."

I felt my fangs emerge more as I grabbed the man by the neck. I loved the scream of terror they had as they cried. I won't show any of them mercy. "Please don't," he called. "Oh please... you didn't have a problem killing other people with your hate," I spoke. I pulled the man closer to me and bit out a piece of his neck. It was like slitting his throat.

Blood started to spew all over the place as it grabbed the attention of the other members. Many tried to attack me, but it only led to their death. The group with 50 adults only had five children left, along with two adults. "Why are you doing this?" A woman sobbed. I started to laugh as I walked closer to her. My fangs pierced her skin as the other person tried to hit me over the head. "That wasn't very smart," I laughed.

I stood up to look at that person and finally took the hat off their head. It was a teenager, and I debated whether or not he counted as a child. "Tell me.... do you have friends? A girlfriend, maybe?" I asked, holding onto his neck. I could hear the kids cower in fear in the corner. "No....I-..." I cut him off by taking a drink from his neck.

Once his body stopped moving, I threw him to the side. Looking at the children who started crying, I sat down on the ground and wiped my mouth. They looked about five or older. "You monster..." they cried. "I wasn't the monster; they were," I spoke. I reached out to grab one of them, but it only scared them more. "Well, I can take a hint," I laughed. "Well, goodbye..." I added lastly before leaving them behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like
Comment 💖💖💖💖💖
Thanks for reading so far ❤️❤️❤️❤️