♢️6♢️

"Iwa-chan, have you ever thought of what you want to be when you grow up?"

Iwaizumi looked at the brunette. He thought about it for a while before shrugging and shaking his head, not knowing the answer. Oikawa just nodded, understanding his action.

They would've played volleyball that day if it wasn't for the rain. Oikawa just stared out at the pouring rain. He sighed. Iwaizumi who was doing his homework on the floor glanced at his friend.

"You?" Iwaizumi asked.

"Hm?" Oikawa hummed once in confusion. He looked at Iwaizumi.

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?"

Oikawa stared back outside and hummed long, thinking of an answer. He smiled, knowing his answer.

"I'll choose whatever you choose." Oikawa grinned at him. "The same way we chose volleyball together!"

Iwaizumi scoffed.

"Silly. How are you so sure that we would even stay together that long?"

Oikawa frowned.

"Of course we would stay together that long! We're besties! You die, I die kind of bestie!"

Iwaizumi scoffed the second time. Oikawa has no idea what he's saying. But that's just one of the most genuine things he's ever heard from Oikawa. Iwaizumi stood up and stared outside together with Oikawa.

"Iwa-chan."

Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa. Oikawa was still staring at the darkened sky, pouring heavy rain.

"We'll always be together, right?"

Iwaizumi smiled. He took Oikawa's hands and held them tightly. Oikawa stared at their hands. Iwaizumi nodded.

"Always."

♢️

"Iwaizumi? He said he's got something to do. He'll be back in time for practice." Hanamaki said as Matsukawa helped him stretch.

"Oh?" Was all that came out of Oikawa's mouth when he heard about Iwaizumi's whereabouts from Hanamaki. Why didn't Iwaizumi tell him anything about the thing he needs to do? Oikawa pouted.

Practice went on for almost 45 minutes but Iwaizumi was still not seen at all. Oikawa started being a bit worried about him. Was he sick?

"Oikawa! Focus!"

"Sorry senpai!" Oikawa shook his head, waking himself up. It was his turn to serve, he can't mess this up.

"Sorry I'm late!" Iwaizumi's sudden burst into the gym made Oikawa flinch and messed up the serve.

"Out!"

Oikawa tched. He frowned at Iwaizumi who mouthed an apology. Oikawa can't believe that little entrance made him lose focus. He needs to be better at hiding his feelings for this guy.

Oikawa didn't know when but throughout the years of being Iwaizumi's friend, the feelings suddenly emerged out of nowhere. He didn't know when or how but he does know why.