Chapter 22 -World Cup-

The day after receiving my owl, everyone left for summer break and I couldn't have been happier. That happiness remained for the first couple days of summer and then was quickly brought to an abrupt end. Dear old Lucius decided that he wanted to personally tutor me about the Dark Arts. Before, my days were spent reading fairy tales and now I was reading detailed books about necromancy.

The whole summer I sat in the study with Lucius reading about dark magic while he informed me about my duties in the near future. I honestly contemplated using one of the many curses I read about, on myself just so that I could get shipped off to St. Mungos.

Meanwhile, Draco got to run around freely without a care in the world, flying around on his broom all day. At night was the only time I could find joy, creeping my way into the library and reading muggle books by the window. I would often hope that a familiar black dog would waltz its way onto the grounds, but it was never to be.

There had been no letters,no mysterious gifts, and lastly no black dogs. I guess it was understandable though, he was one of the most wanted men in the wizarding world and was in hiding. Still, I wished that Sirius could show up and fly me away on Buckbeak so we could be a proper father and daughter.

I was currently listening to the cassette he had made me while skimming through the daily books Lucius had assigned. Suddenly, I felt a tug on my robe  and looked over to see Draco with a wide grin.

"What do you want bird killer." I sigh and he rolls his eyes. We had made up about the whole Buckbeak situation but I still liked to tease him about it.

"Guess what.." Draco bounces up and down like a toddler.

"I'd rather not." I drawl, flipping the page to read about dark hexes.

"Oh okay I guess us going to the Quidditch World Cup is kinda boring." He smirks and begins to walk away.

"WAIT WHAT! GET YOUR PASTY ASS BACK HERE" I shout and begin to jump up and down like he had done moment before.

"Will you two stop squealing like a couple of insolent pigs." Lucius drones as he enters the room.

"Sorry father, we were just excited about the cup." Draco says as I pretend to be thoroughly invested in my book.

"Yes I heard, are you almost finished your reading Delilah?" He looks at me with a bored expression.

"Yes father." I reply in a dull tone. Calling him that word felt so wrong, almost as if it hurt my tongue.

"Very well, we will be leaving promptly in two hours, do be on your best behavior."  With that he spun on his heel, heading back in the direction he came. With his back facing me, I discreetly flipped him off and went back to reading. I poured over the book for the next hour, soaking in all the useless information. Narcissa came in just as I had finished reading and told me it was time to get ready.

I lazily got up off the couch and headed up to my room, feet practically dragging me up the steps. I had just started to pass Lucius office when I hear his chair scrape against the floor and his footsteps approaching me.

"Delilah." He gruffly stated, mouth set in a firm line.

"Yes?" I question and turn around to face him.

"Come into my office, I have to speak with you about a rather urgent matter." He roughly pulls me by my elbow into the room and I take a seat.

"Is something wrong?" I ask curiously.

"No, sit up straight." He annoyingly looks at my slouched figure and I quickly straighten my back.

"What is the urgent matter?" I ask while readjusting my robes.