Assembly (Shiro)

Shiro stood behind the curtain of the massive stage. The principal looked him in the eyes. "you'll be fine kid don't be nervous." He patted him on the shoulder and walked out on the stage. "Hello and welcome to Crestview High!". Shiro looked down at his shoes and waited for his queue. After a bit Shiro heard the hooting of the football team and the principal staring at him. "...We have a new recruit from another school here." Shiro stepped out to the blinding lights of the stage. He waved "Hullo." Shiro stood awkwardly. The principal pushed passed him to get back to the microphone and finish his speech. Once he was done the principal roughly directed him off of the stage towards the direction of the football team. "Go make a good first impression!" The principal looked at him with false sincerity. "riiight" Shiro said in response. Shiro looked towards the biggest of the group. A huge burly lion. He spoke first. "So you're replacing Taj?" Shiro scratched the back of his neck. "Oh uh. I guess so. Was he the linebacker?" The group snickered. A ferret that looked too skinny to play football stepped up. "yah linebacker is stressin it. He barely did nuthin. But frum what I hear, you're pretty good." He smiled revealing yellowed stained teeth. Shiro laughed. "I mean I guess. Well I'm new to this school. Could ya show me around maybe?" The lion ignored his question. "I'm Rylan. The ferret is Tommy. I'm the captain besides the coach. So you listen to me. Understand?" Rylan did his best not to seem to threatening. Shiro saluted "yes sir!". The group giggled. Rylan put his arms over shiros shoulder. "Lets go. You and Tommy have first class together." Shiro grabbed his bag and followed Rylans lead out of the auditorium doors into the brightly lit school hall.