Part 97

RICK'S P.O.V
I sat on my bunk in silence. The bottom bunk. I looked over at the table beside my bed, a dim lit lamp resting on it.

Why did I do that to him? I lost him...

I smacked the lamp off the wooden table, the porcelain slamming against the wall, smashing into a million pieces.

I cried into my hands, my knees up against my chest as I swayed back and forth in a ball.

Paige came limping in when she heard me. She got pretty quick on her crutches. She sat beside me and wrapped her arm around my back, crying into my shoulder, also.

"You miss them, don't you?" I asked her, quietly.

"Yeah...I miss them..., but I miss him the most..."

I nodded in agreement. "Well, he's my son...I love him more than anything..."

We both sobbed together, asking our selves,"Will they be okay?"

ROSE'S P.O.V

Carl sat in shock as I gave him his gun back and sat down.

"Can w-we bury her?" He asked, weakly.

"Yeah..." I responded.

---

We sat her down in the grave and covered her up. I could see Carl's tears land on the dirt, making it fertile.

I rubbed his arm with a weak smile, then laid down on the ground.

"Are we gonna be okay?" He asked as he laid beside me, staring at the sky.

"Yeah, of course! We're fighters..." I said, nudging his shoulder.

It was silent for awhile. Which is not normal...it was an eerie silence. Where are the walker groans? Nothing...

Then, I felt hands clasp over my mouth. I looked over at Carl who was struck in the side of the head with a blackjack. I looked up to see a man with the same weapon. He swung it back with power then the world went dark.