ℑ'𝔪 𝔖𝔬𝔯𝔯𝔶

Shinso watched his reflection in the mirror as he looped his school tie around his neck on Monday morning

He checked his phone's screen, not for the first time that day, but it was blank. He'd messaged Monoma a few times over the weekend, but he'd gotten no reply. In fact, they hadn't spoken since the morning after the dance.

Is he avoiding me?

Shinso re-read the last few messaged he'd sent — a horrible habit that he couldn't break.

Saturday 11:03 am

Hey, how are you?

Saturday 5:27 pm

What's up?

Saturday 11:06 pm

Goodnight.

Sunday 9:52 am

Are you alright?

Sunday 7:16 pm

I hope you're okay.

seen ✓

Shinso began walking to school. The air was crisp and sharp, the wind biting at his cheeks.

Over the weekend, there had been minor snowfall, and the street was coated in white powder, dusting the rooftops of houses; lining the pavement like a fluffy white carpet.

Shinso shivered against the cold and pulled his puffer coat tightly around his body.

It's okay, he told himself. He's probably just been super busy, right? If I get to school early, I'll see him before class starts.

Inside the school building, he shrugged off his coat and shook the snowflakes off it before hanging it inside his locker. He gathered up his notebooks and checked his phone one last time. Still nothing.

Walking to his classroom with an armful of books clutched to his chest, Shinso scanned the hallways for any sight of Monoma.

There.

The dynamic blond had his back to Shinso, and was goofing around with Tetsutetsu and Kirishima.

Should I go over to him now? There's only three minutes before class but...

Unexpectedly, Monoma turned his head and locked eyes with Shinso from across the hallway.

Shinso lifted his free hand in a wave.

Monoma looked at him for one drawn-out second, before turning his head away without any sign of acknowledgment.

He didn't wave... but he saw me? Shinso bit his lip anxiously as he walked into his classroom and sat at his desk.

I'm sorry.

What did I do wrong?