Quick Rebels/Rogue One Fic

I went searching through the archives, meaning the many unpublished drafts of old stories I thought of way back when, and I dug this up.
I wrote this little snippet around season 3 of Rebels and after I had seen rogue one. Obviously, I didn't know how Rebels ended so it's inaccurate when it comes to certain characters in certain settings.

Anyway, I thought it was kind of fun so I pulled it up for sharing.

.......

...
Hera smiled at Zeb and Ezra. Their sibling like antics never stopped. They calmed down, and all of them started noticing a sudden flood of people. They figured there was a meeting just being let out.

"I-I'll be back in a moment," Hera told the boys as she eyed the crowd. She looked for one person in particular, and found him pretty quickly.

            "Hey, why wasn't I invited to attend that discussion?" Hera crossed her arms as she approached General Draven.

"You just got back from a mission, we didn't want to overwhelm you."

"Give me a break... I need the distraction! I'm sure your meeting talked about how you need as much help as you can get somewhere in it. We don't have millions of soldiers. Why--"

           "General Syndulla, please report to the briefing room." Hera lifted her head as the announcement was repeated through the base intercom.

"I should've been called to the briefing room sooner." The twi'lek shot Draven a final irritated look and bounded across the hangar and down the hall to the briefing room. Draven thought she didn't know of what he ordered be done just a day ago, but you don't underestimate fellow leaders. Hera was quite wary of this guy.

             "What's going on?" Hera asked, skipping into the room, a few extra people from the previous meeting were still hanging back to avoid the initial 'get out' traffic.

"We have word that a necessary attack is needed." A commander pulled up some planetary displays with a modeling of fleet placement. "On an imperial factory."

"Another factory? Where is this attack supposed to take place?"

              "Well..." a young lieutenant looked over the stats. "There is a possibility we'll need to change course--"

As they barely began to go over the tactics, some of the rebels who are normally at the controls on the other side busted in. "Sirs, we have an unsanctioned--"

"What is the meaning of this?!" A captain half yelled. "We are in the middle--"

"We have an unsanctioned what?" Hera silenced the room when she stepped up with her arms crossed. In the back of her head, she had a feeling, but she didn't want the others to know what was on her mind just yet.

"An unsanctioned departure... the imperial shuttle! We aren't sure who was on board."

              "Well, maybe you can find out for us."

.......

As you can see, it has potential and I could have done more before and after this particular snippet, but I don't write a whole lot as it is, so this one might just sit around.

If you get inspired to do a Rebels character fanfic within this timeline, definitely hit me up! I'll give it a read :)

❤️