Micheal

"Mr. Phoenix, there is another letter here for you." Jennifer Sands, his assistant, spoke as she placed the envelope onto the edge of his desk.

"Thank you." He briefly looked up before returning his attention to multiple sheets of paper on his desk. Today would be the official start of his gubernatorial campaign. Although the next election wasn't for another 2 years, he wanted to get his name out there so it stuck.

"I believe in the integrity of our hardworking, American middle class and I will not allow the people of New Stone to be cheated any longer." He softly practiced his answers to possible questions the interviewer would ask him.

Knocking stopped him from moving on to the next question. Nathanial Brooks, his lead for the campaign, came strutting in with a manilla folder tucked under his right arm.

"Yes?"

"I got another partnership. This one is with Holland&Johnson for 3 years." Pushing the folder across the desk, Nathanial's tone dripped with narcissism and his face mirrored his gloating tone.

"Good work." Micheal plainly praised the man before returning his eyes to the sheet of paper in his hand.

"What's this? 'Thank you from the SBM Committee.' Is this for your campaign? I've never heard of them." His eyebrows pulled together in confusion as he stared at the white envelope, the only lettering presented being handwritten cursive.

"No. Put it down." Micheal didn't take his eyes off the paper but his tone was enough to cause the man to place the envelope back with no questions. Although the other men in the P.U shared more radical ideologies, Micheal had made it clear he was the one running things.
...

Micheal pulled his phone out to triple check that they were on time as his driver stopped outside of the familiar office building. They'd be joined by members of Goodson's team considering they were the main ones helping him during his campaign.

Looking up, he watched as men hustled to open doors for Vivian. The pinstriped pants suit she had on did little to hide her figure. Her head was ducked under her briefcase, a plastic cap over her hair, as she hustled towards the car.

"Thank you!" She called out before his driver closed the door for her. Immediately the car filled with her scent- a tropical smell mixed with something more earthy.

"Enjoying the rain we've been getting?" He chuckled as she carefully peeled the cap from her head then began fixing herself in her hand mirror.

"Loving it," she sarcastically remarked as she pulled products from her bag, "the lord must be trying to tell us something."

He rolled his eyes as she side eyed him as if to say he was the cause of the rain. Micheal found himself lost in watching her retouch her makeup. There was a certain art to the process he'd grown to love from a young age of watching his mother do her makeup.

Vivian was a natural beauty so it didn't surprise him when she finished her routine less than 5 minutes later. Reaching down, she pulled the flats from her feet before replacing them with a pair of black heels.

"Gonna change outfits next?" He joked as she began switching out her jewelry to better watch the outfit.

"You wish." She smirked as she adjusted her top then placed on a diamond necklace. "Do you have all your preparations done?"

"Yup. I've already memorized my answers and my deliver." Nodding, he placed his phone into the inside pocket of his suit jacket. A simple black suit was all he picked with a pair of polished brown dress shoes.

"You shouldn't memorize answers, it comes off as disingenuous." Her hands moved to retie the fabric belt around her waist as she spoke.

"Well how the hell am I supposed to be prepared for these things?" The car sped up as they finally made it to the highway causing Vivian to finish her touch ups and place her seatbelt on.