chapter twelve

Author's Note:

Edit Didn't I

Genesis's POV:

"Meeting you was like taking the phrase 'you learn something new every day' to an entirely new level," Payton laughed after the twins left the house.

"I guess so," I giggled.

"Well thanks for kind of saving my life," He added.

"I'm glad I did," I smiled.

"So is there anything you wanna do today because I'm home?" He asked, sitting the wrong direction on his chair. He wrapped his arms around the back and his chin braced on the top of it.

"Not particularly no," I said as I unzipped my suitcase and pulled out a hairbrush.

"You know you can unpack right? You don't have to live out of a suitcase," He said.

"Where would I put the stuff though?" I asked.

"My closet is right there. I could scoot some stuff over and you can have half of it," He offered.

"Oh, thank you. That's very generous," I smiled as I combed through my hair. It was quite ratted after sleeping.

"No problem," He stood up and pulled open the closet doors, "I have a lot of extra hangers because my mom bought way too many anyways," He added. Various clicks emerged from the closet as he pushed the used hangers over to the left-hand side.

"You can use this side," He gestured to the right side that was filled with open hangers, "And I can probably clear out a drawer in my dresser for things that you can't hang up."

I set my brush down and walked back to my suitcase as he walked to his wardrobe and began emptying his belongings into another location.

"Thank you," I said softly as I pulled a shirt out of my bag and transferred it onto one of the many hangers in the closet.

"So..um what are you gonna do about Lizzie?" I asked as I pulled a sweater out of my bag.

"I really don't know," He sighed.

"Well, you've got to talk to her at some point right?" I slipped the arms of the sweater onto the plastic hanger.

"Yeah but I honestly don't know what I'm gonna do," He murmured, "Like, I just don't know where anything is going with her, and it doesn't seem like we're gonna get better."

I continued to move my clothes into the closet as he vented.

"It's like every little thing upsets her now and I don't know how I'm supposed to make her happy if she's being ridiculous enough to be mad at me for what happened at the party," He added.

"What happened at the party was my fault though," I mumbled.

"Gen, that's not true. What happened at the party was Jackson's fault. If he was sober, he would have never done that, but that doesn't change the fact that he violated you and that's not your fault," He explained.

"Okay," I said reluctantly. I didn't believe him. I should've found a way to take care of it without Payton getting involved. If I had done that, his relationship wouldn't be in jeopardy.

"Even if we hadn't gotten in that fight, I've been questioning our relationship in general lately. She's not the same person that I asked to be my girlfriend anymore," He sighed.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"There's nothing for you to be sorry about," He replied.

I stayed silent as I shifted the last clothing item into the closet.

"The drawer is emptied for you now," He cleared his throat as he stood from his crouched position.

"Thank you," I gave an odd smile before turning back to my suitcase.

I had saved all of my under garments for the drawers since they would be quite awkward to hand up. I pulled the bag along the floor over to the dresser and began emptying the bras and underwear as Payton flopped face-first onto his bed.

"You still haven't told me what you want to do today," He mentioned.

"I don't know what I want to do," I said as I pushed the drawer closed. It didn't take long for me to empty my belongings since there weren't many.

"Wow, there's a lot of empty hangers still," He titled his head to the closet.

"Yeah, I didn't really have a lot to bring," I shrugged, sitting next to him.

"Then we could go to the store," He suggested, "Like maybe a dress or something because you didn't have any of those."

"Erm..I don't have your form of currency," I bit the inside of my cheek.

"No, that's fine I'll pay," He said casually.

"What? No, I can't let you do that," I denied, "Plus, won't your mom realize that you're not actually sick."

"Who said she has to know?" He smirked.

"So you're saying we sneak out?" a devilish smirk fell across my lips. I always had a place in my heart for defiance.

"If you're down," He flashed his eyebrows.

"Hell yeah," I agreed.

"Then, let's go," He stood up and marched over to his window and pulled it open, "Ladies first," He instructed and stepped out of the way.

"I need to get dressed before we go out though," I said, "So you could head down and I'll leave when I'm dressed."

"Sounds good," He nodded and jumped down onto the ground below. He did it quite effortlessly despite his room being on the second floor.

I pulled the curtains across the window and picked out a simple outfit. I was running out of clean clothes.

This shopping trip really is necessary.

I took a large oversized tee-shirt and layered it over a black turtleneck with biker shorts underneath.

I made my way back to the window and swished the curtains back open before kicking my feet out the windowsill and dropping down to the grass below

"Ready?" He smiled.

"Yup," I straightened my shirt.

Author's Note:

What's your favorite wattpad book?
Mine is probably a book that isn't actually published yet, but my friend made it and showed it to me and I'm literally obsessed.

And, bae, if you delete it i will actually choke you. 1.

Later Losers🦑