Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Flaw

"Totoo ba 'yon?" tanong ko kay Colton makalipas ang ilang minuto.

Nakaupo ako sa couch habang siya naman ay nakatayo sa harap ko, pinagmamasdan ako. I imagine he's reading confusion in my face. Hindi niya ako sinagot.

At this point, I don't care anymore. If he's pitying me... I don't care. If he thinks I'm so stupid, I don't care. Totoo naman 'yon. I'm so stupid. Letting myself be fooled and betrayed like that... So fucking stupid.

"Is it true that Natalia offed the Carodan heads? And Danté was with her?"

"I'm sorry. All this information is too much for you."

Napailing ako. Wala akong pakialam. For all I know, that was Natalia's mission why she was sent here. To gather information and betray these people. Kill the heads and try to pin in to others. I won't be surprised if she stole a Minatozaki katana and used it so that Iris and Maverick would think it was the Minatozakis who did it.

What I'm honestly worried about is if she betrayed me, too...

Damn it, Nerissa! Of course Natalia turned her back on you, too! Ama niya si Danté. I don't know shit but blood is thicker than water. I'm sure she'll side with her father no matter what. Our friendship wouldn't mean a thing to her.

All these years... Was she just pretending? Alam niya ba na ama niya ang pumatay sa pamilya ko? Alam niya ba na balak akong patayin ng ama niya?

Well, that doesn't matter now, does it? Wala na akong panahon para maghanap ng sagot para sa mga tanong na iyon. All I need to do is kill them for what they did... Make them pay for all the hell they put me through. That's it.

"Are they responsible for the deaths of Iris and Mav's family?" I asked Colton again. I can sense that he's reluctant to answer.

"Yeah..."

"Paano n'yo nalaman?"

"Aiden figured it out. I don't know how he did it. I just showed him a salvaged security footage and he already knows. His way of thinking is unparalleled, you know? If you think I'm a genius, Aiden's a lot more."

Hindi ako nagsalita. I know Aiden is very quick-minded. I wonder if it's because he trained for it or if he was born with it.

"Father values him so much to the point that he's almost hidden from the world. Mawala na lahat, huwag lang si Aiden."

Kumunot ang noo ko.

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean."

Of course I do. I just can't believe it! That's probably the reason why everybody knows Colton is the Cortell heir... Hindi nila alam, mayroon pang Aiden.

"Are you saying your father thinks you're disposable? That's why you're the exposed one?"

God, he's just a kid!

Colton shook his head. "No, not in that sense... Well, maybe a bit. But I know Father. He won't let me get harmed."

"What makes Aiden so special?"

"A lot of things. I can definitely write a list but I think the main reason is because Aiden knows how to get shit done. Whatever it is, he can solve it."

"He was also the one who figured out who killed my family, right?"

"Yeah."

I nodded. "Tell him I said thank you."