27. Better in Time

Adalyn's Point of View
.
.
.

Adjusting my eyes from the luminous sunbeams that were passing through the window, I carefully pulled myself up to the bed frame.

Rubbing my eyes due to the gleaming blue that was left from the light, I scanned the room for the third time since last night.

My room, my old safe place, was left intact. The only thing that changed was my blankets and bed. I took half of them with me and threw the wrinkly and old ones out.

As for my bed, it wasn't a twin size anymore. While I did miss my vintage bed, this one was more than perfect.

Change is good, right?
Even if that change is only a bed.

The room was a rosy color with vintage flowered wallpaper covering the edges. My mini library was still there as well, holding every single novel I read while living here. Everything was how I left it. The hardcovers stood to the far left, the soft-covered ones to the right, and the selection of children's books that dad read to me was placed in the center.

Turning my head to my right side of the queen-sized bed, only to see a snoring Hope, I carefully moved to the corner of the bed, letting my bare feet touch the pearl-colored tiles on the cold floor.

Even the tiles were the same.

Giving my room a final scan, I walked towards the bookshelf.

Gliding my fingers across the five books of "The Selection" series that were written by Kiera Cass, an instant rush of goosebumps took over me. This was the first set of novels that my dad bought me. I left them, hoping that another young little girl or boy who moved in here would take an interest in it just like me.

And to the looks of it, someone has.

There weren't five books placed in the box in which they came in.

There were only four.

Book number three, The One, was missing from the bunch.

I grabbed book one from inside its box and made my way downstairs.

:
:
:

The story of America Singer and Prince Maxson always intrigued me. It's still one of the best romance novels I've read until now.

When I said that some characters gave me hope of finding the one, I was talking about them. Of course, they had to pull on one h*ll of a fight to finally be together.

There was another book by Kiera Cass that I love. It's called "The Siren." I read it during my freshman year of high school.

All of Kiera's books are very well written. She knows how to make the readers have an emotional connection to the characters. No matter how many times I've read her novels over and over again, the emotions were still present.

:
:
:

Strolling into the living room, there was this delicious smell of sizzling bacon coming from the kitchen that with one inhale, my stomach sounded like a freaking lion.

Guess it was time for breakfast.

Irene was standing next to the stove flipping pancakes.

On the other side was aunt Amelia, blending bananas and strawberries to make smoothies.

Little Cal was already seated in his chair with a coloring book placed in front of him.

"There's auntie!" Callum called out, his hands on his head with excitement.