22. Mafia in Miami |Special Bonus Chapter|

Adalyn's Point of View
.
.
.

A body.

It was a body that had been burnt and cut before being sent.

It was even chopped up into pieces to fix the packaging size.

"See, this is why you shouldn't have shot him in the balls Pen!" Catalina growled. "Next time we're taking our victims hostage."

So this was the doing of the British mafia.

"Not my fault he kidnapped our a*s because he had some strange obsession with you," Penelope differed. "Either way that f*cker deserved every three bullets I shot at him. No offense, Adalyn."

"No offense taken," I replied. "Wait a minute, you dated Killian?"

"Yeah, she did," Luca responded coldly as Catalina rolled her eyes. "Personally, those three shots that were used to shoot and kill that a*shole are music to my ears."

"Oh boy," Catalina says, sighing at her husband. "But to answer your question; I did date him for a while. The worst time of my life."

"So, that means you were almost Rivers aunt?" A disgusted look on Ariana's face formed as she let what left her mouth run free.

I haven't thought about her comment until now.

Somehow l felt discombobulated with this sort of news. Moreover seeing how I was related to Killian, once heir to the British mafia, made me believe that my whole existence was a lie.

"I guess. But luckily nothing further than a simple boyfriend happened," she explained.

I felt like there was more to it but I let it go.
Not like it's any of my business anyways.

"Look we should all get some rest," announced Luca. "I'll get something prepared."

"And how will you do that?" Catalina urged. "Knowing you, you'll have a few bombs planted somewhere in your so-called plan."

"No..." he said sheepishly.

"Yeah right." She playfully rolled her eyes. "Alright everyone, it's getting late and I'm also getting tired, so I'm out."

"Wait, shouldn't you guys be worried?" I said with a great disquiet. "What if they come after you again?"

"Yeah, how are you guys so calm about this? You guys got sent a dead body to your house!" Summer said lividly.

"You keep forgetting that we've been dealing with your family for over a few decades now Adalyn," Penelope now interposed. "Either way they'll always be after us, so attacking them immediately doesn't change nor affect the outcome."

"This goes way back before any of us were even conceived girls," Jaxon mentioned.

"What about them?" I asked, pointing over at Abigail, Colton, and Bailey.

"They know how to take care of themselves," Catalina replied smugly. "You guys can stay in the guest room like usual."

"You sure? We don't want to overstep," Colton added.

"She loves me, it's why she wants us to stay so badly," Abigail commented, giving Colton a few funny faces.

"H*ll no, I hate your a*s," Catalina jokingly stated. "But really, if you wanna stay, the usual is clean and ready for the three of you to stay in."

I stood there, a worried look plastered on my face.

Everything that was said and seen today was sure going to stay in my memory at least for a while. Might as well ask for rent since it was living rent-free in my head, probably until my last breaths.