𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭

Dahlia and her boys were wandering the Hogwarts grounds when they came upon Draco and his posse around a big tree. Dahlia smiled and climbed the tree in her heels and sat next to Draco, who smiled once he saw her. He asked.

"What's the first task?"

Dahlia remembered what Harry had told her earlier and answered.

"Dragons."

Draco's eyes widened and he placed a hand on his cousins shoulder, Dahlia smirked and stated sassily.

"Hey, I'm a Black and a Snape, I can do this, don't worry."

Draco laughed at her confidence and went to reply when he spotted Harry Potter walking alone, this was his chance to act cool in front of his cousin and her friends.

"Why so tense, Potter?"

Dahlia looked over her shoulder and saw a grumpy Harry walking towards them. Draco carried on.

"My father and I have a bet, you see. I don't think you're gonna last 10 minutes in this tournament."

He jumped down and Goyle and Crabbe helped Dahlia down, Dahlia warned Draco, but he continued on taunting Harry.

"He disagrees, he thinks you won't last five."

Harry retorted back sharply.

"I don't give a damn about what your father thinks, Malfoy."

Harry pushed Draco a bit and went on.

"He's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic."

Harry began to walk away and Draco scoffed, reaching for his wand. Dahlia scolded him and before she had the chance to grab his wand, Mad-Eye turned Draco into a white ferret. Dahlia gasped and didn't know what to do as Mad-Eye uttered to Draco as he made him dizzy.

"That'll teach you to curse someone when their back is turned!"

A crowd had formed and people were laughing, Mad-Eye kept on throwing insults to Draco and suddenly flung him into Crabbe's trousers, making the ferret squeal and Crabbe to scream. McGonagall came up and was in shock to find out that the ferret was a student. She scolded Mad-Eye and did the counter curse so Draco transformed back to himself.

His hair was all disheveled and he was scared and shaking, he spotted Dahlia and hid behind her in embarrassment and shame. He exclaimed with a red face.

"My father will hear about this!"

Mad-Eye stepped closer and asked.

"Is that a threat?"

Draco backed away and ran around the tree as Mad-Eye shouted at him, Dahlia stood in front of Draco and pointed her wand at Mad-Eye, making him freeze. Dahlia stated darkly.

"Step any closer and I will not hesitate to expose you, you hear me?"

Mad-Eye looked appalled, but nodded, making Dahlia smirk and softly grab Draco. She dragged him away as Mad-Eye shouted words about their father's.

Dahlia ignored his shouts and they all went to the Black Lake to relax, Dahlia sat against a tree and Draco layed his head on her lap and hummed as Dahlia stroked his hair. She muttered soothing words.

"It's okay, Draco, people will forget about it eventually."

He picked at the grass and replied sulkily.

"Lia, you know they won't. I'm so embarrassed, how dare he humiliate me in front of everyone. Everybody will have that image of me as a white ferret in their heads forever and it'll follow me around for the rest of my life."

Dahlia sighed and comforted him.

"Oh, don't be so dramatic, Draco. Besides, you made a cute ferret."

Draco felt a bit better and responded softly.

"I guess I did."

Dahlia chuckled and kept stroking his hair, and Pansy, who had taken a liking to Dahlia after feeling bad for insulting her, asked curiously.

"What are you gonna do about the first task tomorrow? How are you going to defeat the dragon?"

Dahlia hummed in thought and replied back.

"I'm not too sure, I think I'll have to wing it. I don't even know what dragon I'm getting tomorrow, it could be a small harmless one or a big dangerous one."

Pansy nodded and Ivan asked in disbelief.

"The Dahlia Snape is going to wing it? You always have a plan, what happened?"

Dahlia just shrugged and knew she had let her guard down too easily, she wouldn't voice it, but deep down, she was a tad nervous.

With only 20 hours until the first task, Dahlia relaxed as much as she could, hoping that tomorrow was going to be easy for her.

But everyone knows that it's gonna be anything but easy.