𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

It's the day of the first task and Dahlia was getting ready, she decided to go with light clothes so it was easier to move around in case she needed to dodge the dragon. She put her hair in a ponytail and she didn't put any makeup on either. She also charmed her jewellery so it wouldn't come off during the task.

Her wand was tucked in her leggings and she walked with her friends to the tent where the other champions were

Her wand was tucked in her leggings and she walked with her friends to the tent where the other champions were. Her friends wished her good luck and each hugged her before going off to where the audience and judges were.

Dahlia entered the tent and smiled at Fleur, Cedric, Harry and Viktor who were warming up, they could hear Dumbledore announcing to everyone, but jumped when they heard a roar come from a dragon. They glanced at each other, but kept on warming up.

Dahlia was stretching peacefully until a camera blinded her, she then sighed in frustration when she saw Rita bothering Harry and Hermione. She had had enough of Rita and decided to spill a little secret, so she walked up to Harry and Hermione, threw an arm around each shoulder and stated.

"You know, I never knew beetles could be this annoying, they're just little bugs that really bug everyone else. But then again, they're easy to crush and squish. One little step on the poor buggers and then bam, they're gone. Does that seem familiar to you, Skeeter?"

Rita's face went red and she huffed and stomped off to bother someone else, Dahlia patted Harry and Hermione's shoulder and muttered.

"Sorry about her, she really bugs me."

Dahlia playfully winked and Hermione must have caught on because she smiled. Dumbledore, Barty, Madam Maxime and Karkaroff came in and Dumbledore announced.

"Good day, champions, gather round, please."

The champions stood in front of Dumbledore and he carried on.

"Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last, the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can fully appreciate."

He did a double take and noticed Hermione was standing next to him, so he called her out.

"What are you doing here, Miss Granger?"

Hermione went bright red and exited the tent, Dumbledore continued like that never happened.

"Barty, the bag."

Barty held up a bag and explained.

"Champions, circle around me, please."

He then moved the champions so they were standing in front of their Headmasters/Headmistress, he held the bag in front of Fleur and instructed her to pick a dragon.

So she did.

She winced a little as it bit her, but she pulled it out to reveal a miniature version of a Welsh Green, Viktor went next and pulled out a Chinese Fireball, Cedric then pulled out a Swedish Short-Snout and Harry pulled out a Hungarian Horntail. Dahlia went last.

She stuck her hand into the bag and felt around, there was only one left, so she carefully scooted it into her hand and softly pulled it out. Barty gaped at the dragon that was in her palm and looked at her in sympathy. He announced lightly.

"Ukrainian Ironbelly, the largest Dragon and third most dangerous."

Dahlia sighed and mumbled to herself.

"Man, why did I have to get the biggest one?"

Barty spoke again.

"These represent five very real dragons, each of which have been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple: Collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?"

Dahlia raised her hand and asked nonchalantly.

"Can I just kill my dragon? Then I can easily get the egg."

Barty furrowed his eyebrows before shaking his head, making Dahlia roll her eyes. Dumbledore spoke up.

"On that note, good luck, champions. Mr Diggory, at the sound of the cannon, you may-"

He was interrupted by the canon already going off, they looked to Filch who held onto the pole as it shook the tent. Dumbledore sighed and gestured for Cedric to go.

Cedric exited the tent along with the judges and the other champions waited. 10 minutes later, Cedric had got the egg. Fleur went next and she managed to burn herself a little bit, she too got the egg. Viktor went next and Dahlia wished him good luck. 15 minutes later, Viktor successfully got his egg. Harry was next and Dahlia patted him on the back and ate the snacks that were layed out as she waited for her turn.

It seemed as though it took Harry ages because Dahlia got bored and ate all the snacks. But soon, it was her turn. She smiled at the sound of people chanting her name as she got closer to the arena. She turned the corner and was exposed to an empty arena. No dragon was found which confused her.

That was until the dragon jumped in front of her and shook the ground, Dahlia muttered a "shit" to herself as the massive dragon was looking down at her like she was a piece of meat. Dahlia quickly thought of a spell called Avis, and made a bird come out of her wand. It distracted the dragon, so she made her way behind a rock. She crouched and spotted the egg at the other side of the arena.

Whilst the dragon was distracted, Dahlia successfully climbed the rock and kept low as she jumped from one rock to another. Since she was so focused on the egg, she didn't notice the bird had disappeared and the dragon was staring at her. She heard people warning her, but before she could do anything, the tail of the dragon whipped her on the stomach and made her go flying.

Her back and head hit the wall and she groaned in pain, she rolled to the ground and waited for her breath to get back as it had been caught when she got hit. Screams came from the audience and people were wondering if she was okay, but Dahlia had finally got her breath back and sneakily made a hologram of herself, fooling everyone and the dragon.

Dahlia smirked and scooted her way around the arena, she got to the rock where the egg was on and jumped on it, shocking everyone. She picked the egg up, got rid of the hologram and used Aguamenti as the dragon had spat fire at her, from the force of the spell, her hair blew back and she stood her ground.

The dragon got tired of spitting fire and went to launch itself at Dahlia, but Dahlia used a powerful spell to freeze its legs and wings so it was stuck to the ground. The dragon screeched as it panicked because it couldn't move. Dahlia then finally used her wand to knock out the dragon, making it flump to the ground, drool hanging out its mouth like a dog.

Cheers erupted and Dahlia proudly held the egg above her head, she glanced at her father and Severus looked proud but worried as he noticed her head was bleeding. Dahlia's excitement was beginning to wear off and she suddenly got very dizzy. She started to sway and the last thing she heard was screams and gasps as she fell off the rock, knocked out cold.