Chapter 5

A long December and there's reason to believe. Maybe this year will be better than the last. I can't remember the last thing that you said as you were leavin'. Now the days go by so fast.

Your POV:
I followed the lady back to her office but quickly stopped to get some money out to give to her in exchange for the keys to my new apartment. I really didn't want to have to ask my mother for help again. She's been gone for ages and never shows any care in anything I do. Oh well. I don't have to worry about her. I have the woman the cash and accepted the key to the apartment. I then left the office and headed to my new apartment. Once I arrived, I unlocked the door, went inside, then locked it again.

I took my phone out of my pocket and decided to call my mother again. Though I didn't want to.

CALLING: MOTHER
Y/N: Hello?
Mother: Ah Y/N. You decided to call again.
Y/N: This isn't just some reunion or whatever you think this is. I said I'd call back when I want the moving truck. I want the moving truck.
Mother: Oh I see. I will have that arranged now. One moment.
PLACED ON HOLD
Mother: Ok. They are on the way. Thank you for calling dear.
Y/N: Like I said. Stop with the nicknames. You don't deserve to call me them. Bye.

CALL ENDED

This is why I never call my mother. This always happens when I call her.

I quickly look at my phone and notice what the time was and guessed Kuroo would be wondering what on earth is going on. So I called him. Like the smartass that I am.

CALLING: SCIENCE NERD
Kuroo: Y/N? What's up? You do know it's like 9 right?
Y/N: Yeah I know. I was just calling to let you know I was looking for an apartment near Karasuno. To save me from travelling far.
Kuroo: Wait but doesn't that mean you had to call your mother for help?
Y/N: Yup. I still dislike her. Completely. The moving truck is coming first thing tomorrow.
Kuroo: Oh ok. Need help?
Y/N: Kuroo. I'm sure I'll be fine.
Kuroo: You sure? I don't wanna just leave you by yourself. Especially after what you've just been through. Now I know you don't want the pity but we're all here for you. You know that. You gotta tell someone.
Y/N: I know. I've also just realised this apartment is bear. Where am I gonna find a bed?!
Kuroo: Hey calm down. I can ask my dad to drive his work van down with some essential stuff you may need tonight. And I know I can't take everything since it's not your house. So I'll get the stuff from your room? That ok?
Y/N: Yeah that's fine. I'll go look for a sofa tomorrow.
Kuroo: Ok. I'll see you in half an hour?
Y/N: Ok. See you then Kuroo.
Kuroo: See ya.

CALL ENDED

I always love talking with Kuroo. He always knows what to say as well. Ever since what happened a couple weeks ago, he has always been in my corner. Which I love.

I grabbed my phone and found the nearest delivery place and ordered it. I'm guessing my mother told the delivery guys what to take and not to take. Fun (!). Anyway, soon, the food arrived and then Kuroo arrived shortly after. Luckily, my apartment came with fridges so I could put any food that Kuroo could bring and stick it straight in there. After Kuroo texted me to say he was nearby, I got the door unlocked and opened, waiting for him to come up. Shortly after, he did. Carrying my bed with his father. We said our quick hello's before they put the bed down and Kuroo came up to me with a ton of food. I thanked him then they said goodbye and left.

I quickly ate my takeaway. In silence before going upstairs to bed. Just as I was about to go back to sleep, I asked Kuroo a quick favour.

Y/N:
Hey Kuroo. Could you bring Mochi tomorrow pls?

Kuroo:
Yeah. No. She's already there.

Y/N:
What? Where?

Kuroo:
She's asleep in the living room.

Y/N:
Is she? I'll go and have a quick peek

I looked in my living room and lo and behold. She's there. I left her to sleep and went to sleep myself. Drifting off the moment my head touches the pillow.