Part 37: Perception & Discrimination

Hey readers, hope you enjoy!

<Izuku's POV>

"Technically, Tamaki has a better quirk than Bakugo." I informed as everyone looks down at the arena.

"Are you two ready?" Midnight checks over Bakugo and Tamaki. "Begin!!" Starting the match as both rushes towards each other, Tamaki dodging his opening right hook while positioning herself into a rocket powered double kick at the Pomeranian's chest. Jumping backwards into a back handspring, both death staring at each other. Launching at each other again, they both trading blows and either blocking or dodging the opponents ever escalating attacks. 

One shared explosion sends them to the opposite sides of the arena. "I'm ending this!" They screamed in unison, preparing their largest attacks. "HOWITZER IMPACT/ SUPERNOVA!!!!!!!!" Launching their attacks, as Cementoss uses his quirk to reduce the damage dealt by creating walls in between them. A devastating pressure of heat and explosive force erupts, launching shrapnel of concrete throughout the stadium.

As the smoke slowly fades away, two mirrored skid marks are visible on the arena. "Katsuki Bakugo is the winner." Midnight announced as Bakugo remains standing on the arena, one inch away from out of bounds. His shirtless body is riddled with burns and ripped skin, shock plastered onto his breathless face. Without the burn marks, collapsed out of bounds Tamaki is in the same medical position as Bakugo.

Slightly rising her upper body towards Bakugo, she spoke. "Keep. That attitude. Up. And I'll take. Your spot. Away from you." Passing out face first on the ground, Momo jumps down with a blanket covering her up as the Med bots take her away.

The crowed roars with excitement, while Present Mic opens his loud mouth. "WHAT A AMAZING WAY TO END THE FIRST ROUNDS!!! KATSUKI BAKUGO SHOWING THAT HE'S SKILL AND WHY HE MADE THE HERO COURSE!!!"

"Wrong." Aizawa bluntly stated. "The only reason why Bakugo won this match was because of his higher body mass, allowing him to hold on that little bit longer. This outcome was pure luck." Bakugo slowly walks to presumably Recovery Girl.

"YOU HERE IT FIRST FOLKS!! KATSUKI BAKUGO WON BY CHANCE!!" Present Mic announced before continuing. "NOW CAN EIJIRO KIRISHIMA AND TETSUTETSU TETSUTETSU MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE ARENA FOR THE TIE BREAKER!!!"

Both transformation quirk users walk onto the arena, while Cementoss creates a small block. "We will be doing a arm wrestling match for the tie breaker! Boys, get yourselves locked into position!" At that they comply, with Midnight placing her hand on top of theirs. "Begin!" Launching her hand up, they start their struggle for dominance. Without any form of movement for minutes, cracks begin forming on Tetsutetsu's arm. With one swift motion, Kirishima implants the metal fist into the concrete block. "Eijiro Kirishima shall be going to the next rounds."

"You fought like a true man. I hope we can be manly together." Kirishima spoke, while holding his hand out. Tetsutetsu slightly smirk while grabbing the hand, pulling him into a hug.

"You want to talk about manly, how does talking shit about something he couldn't have changed?" Tetsutetsu questioningly whispered into his ear before walking away, leaving a frozen Kirishima to process this information. 'So Kendo and Monoma told their class what happened. Wait does that mean Ibara believes that I choose this form on purpose?'

"Eijiro Kirishima. Please head to the stands." Midnight requested as he walks away.

"ALRIGHT FOLKS THESE ARE THE NEXT MATCH UPS FOR THE QUARTER FINALS!!!" Loud blond shouted before the list pops up on the screen.

1. Hitoshi Shinso vs Izuku Midoriya
2. Shoto Todoroki vs Tenya Iida
3. Momo Yaoyorozu vs Mina Ashido
4. Eijiro Kirishima vs Katsuki Bakugo

"NOW CAN THE FIRST CONTESTANTS MAKE THEIR WAY TO THE ARENA!!!" Mic informed, as I take my leave.

"Good luck Midoriya/Izuku/Massage god!" The part of my class that is friendly with me declared, causing a slight smile on my face.

"Thanks guys!" I rush down there.

"NOW THE UNDERDOG FROM CLASS 1C, HITOSHI SHINSO!!!" Everyone joyously screamed for him. "AGAINST THE TOP STUDENT FROM CLASS 1A, IZUKU MIDORIYA!!!" I walk up to the arena, with everyone dead silent besides the people who are shouting for Shinso's victory.

"Seems no one likes you anymore." Shinso stated.

"Seems like it." I answered, knowing that he won't use his quirk before the match starts.

"This silence is all your fault Mic." Aizawa blamed, while he giggles to himself.

"Are you two ready?" Midnight, with both of us nodding. "Begin!"

"Your mother should have swallowed." Shinso stated as I begin to laugh.

"Out of all the ways to get me to speak that's the one you choose?" I questioned, while he smirks.

"Walk out of the arena." He commanded.

"No." I challenged, with him stepping back in shock. "Also do you think the same trick will work again?"

"H-how?!? You should be under my control!!" He shouted in frustration, decided to rush at me. Using his legs to try and kick me. 'One of the only protected body parts while wearing the PE uniform, smart move but the only one he had.'

"The mind is apart of human organics, correct?" I answered, grabbing his leg and tossing him out of the ring. Squadding down to him on the ground. "Also your quirk is untrained and you have no idea of the mental capacity of humans."

"Izuku Midoriya wins!" Midnight announced as the crowed boos at me.

"WHY THE HELL DID UA ALLOW A RAPIST/SHINSO SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE HERO COURSE, NOT THIS MONSTER/THE SCHOOL SHOULD BE PROTECTING THEIR STUDENTS FROM PREDITORS, NOT ALLOWING THEM IN THE CLASS/RAPIST'S DON'T HAVE ANY POTENTIAL TO BE A HERO!!!" The audience screamed at me, as I just sigh while walking away. I see pity in the eyes of Shinso, who I could tell has experienced quirk discrimination before. 'Definitely a better purple head than Mineta.

Thanks for reading and peace!