Chapter 19

!!NO HATE COMMENTS ON THIS CHAPTER. THEY WILL BE REMOVED!!

Well, that was a rollercoaster of emotions with the last chapter, hahaha. I hope you looooved it and let's just go on with this chapter!

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

Waking up the next morning with Jake's arms around me is different. Good different. It feels amazing and relaxing at the same time. He looks so peaceful.

"Hey shortie." He says and opens his eyes as I practically jump out of the bed. Ouch.

"You scared me! I thought you were asleep!" I say and hit him on his arm. He laughs and pulls me back to the bed beside him.

"I was until I felt someone staring at me." I look down in embarrassment. You just got caught Emery, way to go.

"Not that I mind. I like it when people stare at me."

"Creep." I say and laugh.

"Hey, Emery breakfast in about 5 minu-WHAT THE FUCK?!" The door opened so quickly I didn't even realize it.

"Dad... Calm down." I say to him.

"What's going o- Oooooooh..." Great. Now mom's here too.

"Get out of my room!" I yell at them. Neither one of us are wearing any clothes, the only thing covering us is the blanket.

"What the fuck is going on here?!"

"Hardin!" My mom yells at my dad, probably of the swearing.

"Look dad. Let us get dressed and we'll come downstairs." I say but the second those words leave my mouth I realize my mistake.

"You're-you're not wearing any clothes?" He asks. I look at Jake. He doesn't seem scared one bit. God I want his courage.

"We-ehh. It was hot so ehh-"

"Hardin let's go downstairs and wait. Then we'll talk." Mom says, thank God that she's here. Dad takes a long and hard look at Jake before he leaves and mom goes behind him, shutting the door.

"So... Your parents seem cool." Jake laughs. I grunt as I put my pillow over my head. This is the most embarrassing thing that could ever happen to me. A second later I hear my phone ring.

"Hello?" I say.

"I don't hear any footsteps up there. You better be getting dressed." God...

"Yes dad." I say and hang up.

"Are you ready to face them?" I ask Jake.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

We've been sitting here for so long. Mom and dad are quiet. Dad's been staring at Jake for all this time. It's so uncomfortable right now. And where is Auden?! He should be here now to ease the tension.

"So. You're together then?" Dad asks us, still keeping his eyes on Jake. I look at Jake and have no idea what we're supposed to answer.

"We're ehh... Dating?" Jake says.

"We are?" I lean into him and ask.

He looks at me and smiles. "If you want to."

"No, she doesn't want to." Dad says firmly and still keeps his eyes on Jake.

"Hardin be nice." Mom whispers to him.

"If they want to date they can." She continues and looks at me.

"Thanks mom." I say and give her a smile.

"Fuck no! He's not good enough for her Tessa! I want someone smart and well educated."

"Like Noah?" She says to my dad and stares at him.

"Who's Noah?"

"No one." Dad answers. Well, apparently he's someone. And someone that my dad does not like. At all.

"Oh..." The front door opens and Auden walks in with a guy. "I didn't know that you were going to be home..." Why is he acting so weird?

"Well your mother and I were supposed to go out after breakfast but something came in our way." Dad says and looks at Jake. Again

"Okay cool... Ehh, this is Oliver. A friend from class. We had some homework to do."

"Okaaay... Why are you acting so weird Auden? Is everything okay?" Mom asks him, she looks worried.

"Yeah-" He gets cut off.

"Auden..." His friend ehh... Oliver says and looks him in the eyes. What's going on?

"You know what? No. Everything is not okay. There's something that I've been wanting to tell you for a long time now and I think it's time you hear it." Okay? I'm kind of scared now.

Auden takes a breath. "I'm gay. This is my boyfriend Oliver. Not a friend from class."

Everyone's so quiet. I'm proud of him though. I do feel bad for him that he had to keep this a secret for so long.

Jake, without hesitation, gets up and hugs Auden. This is weird, seeing Jake be so nice and calm.

"It's okay. My sister came out a few months ago so if you want to talk to anyone. I'm here." Wow... I like him even more now.

Oh no. Dad got up. He walks to Jake and stops in front of him.

"I-I don't like you. But I can manage you. But don't get any ideas in your head, I still don't like you dating my daughter." He says to him. Well, it's a start.

"Thanks." Auden says to Jake who's sitting next to me again.

"I still love you you know. No matter what." I say to Auden. "And it's nice meeting you." I say to Oliver, shaking his hand.

"Yes! It's so nice to meet you, Oliver. Do you want anything? Are you hungry?" Mom asks him. Typical mom.

"We're fine mom." Auden says to her and she takes a seat next to dad.

"Soo... We're good?" I ask mom and dad thinking about me and Jake.

"No, we're-" Dad says and stands up before mom takes a hold of his arm and cuts him off.

"Yes. We're good. Jake, you seem like a nice guy who will make our Emery happy." She says and smiles. I look at Jake who's smiling at me.

"But more about you." I say and look at Oliver. "I want to get to know my brother's boyfriend. Like your parent's name?" I ask.

"Well my mom's name is Lisa and my dad's name is Trevor."

--- --- --- --- --- ---

So that's it! I really hope you liked it and once again NO HATE COMMENTS! See you soon!