Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I woke up with so much comfort na tipong gusto ko pang i-extend ang tulog ko but that made me realized that I'm not in my own bed. The smell of him triggered my senses. I got up from the bed and the first thing that I noticed was all the mess last night were finally clean and tidy up to its places.

Inilapag ko ang paa ko sa carpeted floor at saka ako tumungo palabas ng kwarto. I never thought I would stay and sleep in his room—ever. The situation last night might brought us together or could be worse than that.

As I'm walking down the hall, I heard some noises in the living room and so I hurried to see what's happening. It could be Albertyne making a mess once again but it's not what I expected to see. Trent's moving the furniture and cleaning some stuff. He already had done most of it but some mess haven't been moved out.

I stood there watching him cleaning with the vacuum until he finally recognizes my presence. He turned off the cleaner and gently put it down. Nawala naman ang ingay sa paligid at saka siya naglakad papunta sa akin.

"You're supposed to be sleeping," he said, worries plastered in his tone. "Why did you get up?"

"And you're not supposed to be cleaning alone and... at all," sagot ko sa kanya. "Hindi mo trabahong maglinis. You can leave them to me. Trabaho ko 'yan and I should be serving rather than doing all these works on your own."

"Even without you I can work on my own," he said, still defending himself. "You should be resting and I can still do all the work."

"I wanna help you," I insisted.

He sighed deeply. I hope my persistent didn't irritate him. Ayoko lang maging pabigat sa kanya—na in the first naman, hindi dapat ako ang inaasikaso niya but he did and I'm trying to figure out how sway his mind out of it.

"Do you want to help me?" he suggested and I nodded to confirm it. "You can't help me moving these stuff out so I'm pretty you'll be able to cook for us then? What do you think so?"

"You haven't had your breakfast?"

He shook his head. "No. I just had a coffee."

"Oh, wait. Why aren't you at work? You should be at work, right?"

"I should be but I took the day off. I'm also the boss so that wouldn't be a problem," he said. Alam kong malaking problema rin nangyari so he's trying his best to cope with the situation. I didn't expect Albertyne could be a worst bitch-witch. "And you should take the day off and that's an order."

"Can I still cook?" I winced.

"If you persist, sure. But that's the only think you can do today, alright?"

"Sure, I understand. Thank you, sir."

He darted glares at me. "Did I mention repeatedly to call me by my name instead?"

I giggled. "You did but..." I bit my lower lip at napatungo na lamang ako. "I'm not comfortable to call you by your name though. Just out of respect, sir would be fine, I guess, right?"

"You'll get used to it," he said and smiled at me. I didn't give any reaction but that's the first genuine smile I saw from him. Napangiti niya rin ako kaya pinilit kong iiwas ang tingin ko sa kanya but I'm also trying to make an eye contact at him para hindi halata.

"I think I'll go to the kitchen now," I muttered.

"Sure, please do," he said and I scurried my way to the kitchen.

I felt relieved when I made into the kitchen nang hindi niya ako sinusundan. I didn't look back so he must be continuing fixing the mess left by Albertyne. I really feel like a wife to him right now. Alagang-alaga niya ako but I shouldn't get to that point. I'm his nanny and the boundary of making it seem like our relationship should step up is a big trouble. So I should stay where I should be.