King of Hearts ⚜ Ch. 2

Zaina waited at the main doors with her bag, waiting for the trio of knights to come for her. She practically held her breath when a car pulled up. After a moment, two familiar people got out, and she went down the stairs to meet them.

"Princess," the youngest, Noa, smiled. "It's good to see you again."

"And you," she smiled, letting Lady Kal take her bag.

"Is this all?" she asked, surprised.

She nodded. "There isn't really room for ballgowns in the servant's wardrobes," she shrugged.

"Alright then. Come. Ren is waiting back at the estate." She offered her arm on one side, and Noa took her other arm. They walked to the car and an attendant put her bag in the trunk.

"It's no castle, but I think you'll like the estate, Princess," Noa smiled. "The snow has nearly all melted since the last storm, so the only thing you can't do there is make snow angels."

She chuckled. "I can't tell you how long it's been since I did that."

"Well there's bound to be another storm soon, so we'll have to remedy that," he winked.

"If you say so. Where is your estate exactly?" she asked, curious.

"On the eastern side of Andorra. Fairly close to Aldovia actually," Kal answered. She must have seen the flash of worry in her eyes, and reached out to brush a stray hair away from her face. "Don't worry, it's tucked away in a forested area. No one comes to Heriton unless they live there."

Zaina nodded. "Anywhere will be safer than here right now."

"We'll keep you safe," the siblings said in unison.

She smiled, blushing slightly. She couldn't help but think what a lucky person she was, time and again.