XV

It was nearly a month after Julianna had been accepted as a member of the wolf pack and more importantly, as the only alpha of the old pack.

Out of nowhere, a dark gray wolf almost collapsed in front of Julianna from all the running.

"Embry?"

Julianna asked, nudging the wolf in concern, as her nose hit him enough times and he finally got up, shakin' all of his fur out.

"We need your help. We found out that there is an army of newborn bloodsuckers coming for Bella. The army, they're coming to Forks. We need your help, we need the damn red wolf."

Embry, the poor wolf looked like he was going to die from exhaustion and Tanner looks at Julianna, who nods at him a little bit.

"Why the heck didn't they send Leah to do this? Or Jacob, even?"

"We are already stretched super thin with you leaving. Collin and Brady aren't allowed to patrol, and Sam has both his hands and paws I guess full, tryin' to keep Seth and Leah in line. I volunteered, since Paul was covering the shift and he was watching over Bella..."

"Why the hell are you guys watching over Bella Swan?! She is on the Cullen territory!"

Julianna's eyes flared up sharply and Embry cowered back a little bit and a growl came from Julianna.

"Sorry, Em. Let's get going. Are you guys coming? You will get to kill a lot and a whole bunch of bloodsuckers."

Tanner looked at the pack and every wolf tipped their heads back in one of the most chilling united howls that an pack could make.

"Lead the way, Red wolf."

After Embry Call had recovered enough to run, Julianna howled and the pack responded, as they all raced off.

Julianna was grinning a bright and big wolfish smile, as she ran alongside the trio of familiar faces that they had never thought that they would ever see again.

Tanner Lahote, Carmen Uley and Alexandra or Alex Clearwater, were the trio that everyone had missed the most out of the entire pack.

"You guys have no idea how much the rest of the pack misses you guys."

"I miss Paul. He was a funny kid, I wish I had never left. I can't go back and take away all of those years, if I could, I would."

"How are my siblings holding up under the circumstances? I wish that I could have been there, but I didn't know."

"Other then Leah being a total tool bitch, she's fine. Seth is still as bubbly and excited as ever, he loves all of this stuff."

They continued to run in silence for an little while, after those short words were exchanged, and Julianna pushed ahead, pulling out in front, and she let out a rippling howl, as they near their boundary to cross quickly now, in the Quileutes' mountain territory.

The Uley pack came charging out of nowhere to meet them and Embry of them all, was the most relieved to see them.

Jacob and Paul dove forward to quickly tackle Julianna straight off of her paws and Julianna was laughing a barking laugh, until Sam's growl was echoing around them.

The boys let Julianna up and she stands up and looked between the two packs, as Sam was looking at the two in the lead. Tanner Lahote and a very quiet Carmen Uley, were looking back at him.

"Why did you do it?"

The question was clearly directed at Carmen, who was whimpering now at the accusatory tones, in her brother's voice.

"It was probably Tanner's idea, it wouldn't surprise me if it was."

Julianna winced at the savage and furious tone in Paul's thoughts, and she moved over to put herself next to him.

"Welcome home. All of you."

The other pack sighed with relief and they all walked across the boundaries and Julianna nudged Paul gently, who looks over at her.

"At least give Tanner a chance to explain, why he left. If you can't do it for him, then just do it for my peace of mind?"

He looked at her, grunting softly under his breath, but nodding and they loped together after the two packs, who were all going toward Emily's place now.

The Uley pack and Julianna changed back at once, letting out familiar yips to alert Emily.

"Julianna!" Emily shouted and ran towards Julianna, who was looking very happy to see her now, and Emily wasted no time in berating all of them and Julianna was at the core of it.

"Why did you leave!" Emily asked as she smacked Julianna with a wooden spoon at every word and Julianna was wincing.

"Okay! I'm sorry that I left, but I had another pack to find." Julianna said as she was covering her head to save her head from the wooden spoon.

"Another pack?" Emily asked and Julianna nodded at her, as she gently plucked the wooden spoon from the surprised woman's hands.

"Also, Embry and I need a lot of food from our race back here, do you know where the Clearwaters are? I need to talk to Sue as well." Julianna asked as Emily nodded, picking up the phone.

Julianna walked out of the woods nearest to the Clearwater residence and Sue Clearwater was standing out in the yard, with Seth and Leah on the two sides of her.

"Is it true?" Sue Clearwater asked as Julianna approached the trio and she looked at them, nodding.

"Come on out!" She called out over her shoulder and a white wolf crept silently out of the woods, its head so low from shame, that it was almost on the ground.

"Alex? Is that really you?" Sue whispered and the girl stood up, as she borrowed a pair of shorts and a shirt from Emily.

"Hi Mom, Seth, Leah." Alex barely managed a whisper, before Sue and Seth were tackling her, in really tight hugs and Leah just snarled at her. "I missed you." Alex began and Leah walked over, but instead of accepting the hug, Leah smacks Alex across the face.

Alex backed up and she blinked at Leah, as she seemed surprise to find that she hadn't phased yet, because of the slapping.

"I missed you, Leah. Even if you don't seem to miss me." Alex speaks, rather calmly as Julianna walked away from the almost happy family.