Chapter 1

Kaylee's POV

"C'mon Kay I know you'll be the next cheerleading captain. It just has to be you. You're the best flyer."

I shook my head at my best friend, Chelsea, smiling at her bubbly nature.

"The best flyer doesn't mean I'm going to be the best captain. I mean Annie is a pretty good flyer."

"I still think you're better."

I gave an amused smile.

"Of course you do blondie, you're my best friend."

She punched my shoulder and glared at me.

"Shut up Coco pops. " she stuck out her tongue.

"Real mature." I teased as we finally sat down to lunch.

As a black American in a school where ninety eight percent of the population are whites, I really thought I'd have an epic high school drama life where I'd been bullied all my life and a cute boy from the other side of the world would suddenly move over.

Pick my school out of the numerous ones in only my side of the town, be in my English class and leave all the seats up front to seat with me in the darkest corner of the class.

Did I forget to mention he"ll be a bad boy with tattoos and piercings who loves his mum and hates his dad.

Oh yes, and loves only me.

Yeah it hasn't happened.

My life is pretty average.

I entered the cheer squad at seventh grade with Chelsea and we're both doing great.

I have so many friends, and I'm invited to parties which I decide to attend or just chill with Netflix and ice cream.

Plus I get along with most people so that prince has no social life saving to do.

It almost makes me feel bad at times.

Though there are few twists to every story.

I looked at my twist who was walking with his new best friend, laughing and talking to her as they passed me, not even acknowledging my existence.

Alekai Tyler.

My ex best friend.

My crush since the seventh grade.

And the guy that I was hopelessly in love with.

He was tanned and that came from having an African father and a spanish mother.

His hair, curly brown as ever spilled roughly over his head in waves and ringlets.

When we where still friends I used to put it in a rubber band to tease him.

Then he would laugh and take it off, his grey eyes always seemed lighter when he laughed.

He was tall but I reached his shoulder.

I remember always leaning on his shoulders whenever I wanted to cry.

I'd leaned on his shoulder to cry on our last day together.

Then the next day, he started ignoring me.

Tenth grade.

I was in the twelfth now.

He always ignored me and when I came close to apologise, he pushed me away.

I never even knew what I did wrong.

Thinking about this was making my eye sting.

"Kaylee? Are you okay?" Chelsea asked and I nodded.