Someone Else's Shoes.

"Heir of Slytherin, huh?" Daphne Greengrass whispers as she traces a finger down Y/N's chest.

"You're very mistaken." Y/N replies with a grimace as he pushes her away gently. "I'm no heir of Slytherin."

"Really?" Daphne smiles as she attempts to get closer to him. "What would be so bad about that? From what I heard, your father was one hell of a Slytherin. And you sure did hold your own in the dueling club."

"What's wrong with being the heir? Oh, I don't know..." Y/N sarcastically says as he pretends to go through options. "....maybe because the heir is attacking muggleborns? That's a pretty good reason."

"What's so bad about that?" Daphne asks with a flirty tone. "We don't need them anyway. There a waste of space to the wizarding world."

"And that right there is what gives Slytherin's a bad name." Y/N sneers as he begins to turn his back on her. "I'm giving you the chance to walk away before my hands get twitchy."

"Like you could lay your hands on a woman." Daphne smirks with confidence. She still doesn't back down from getting to know one of the supposed 'Heir of Slytherin'. "I just want to get to know you is all."

"Sorry to say, but my hands are unisex when it comes to defending myself and my loved ones." Y/N smiles as he folds his arms. "And if this is your way of getting to know someone, then you need some work. Now can you scram?"

"Fine." Daphne huffs. "Playing hard to get makes it more exciting anyway." As she turns and leaves, Harry pops up from the corner, finally revealing himself after waiting on Greengrass to leave.

"Y/N...w-we can't possibly be the heirs, right?" Harry asks worryingly as him and Y/N continue to ease drop on a couple of Hufflepuffs (or puffballs as Y/N likes to call it.)

"Do not worry, boy." The deep voice calls out in Y/N's head. "The so-called "Heir of Slytherin" is weak and foolish—Which is neither of you."

"I highly doubt it, Harry." Y/N whispers back. "Unless we are in a trance and being controlled without our knowledge, I think we're good." Y/N pats Harry on the shoulder.

Harry nods with a small smile. Y/N always knows how to ease a situation, which is highly appreciated.
The two Gryffindor quiet down as they divert their attention back to the Hufflepuffs.

"So anyway..." A large boy starts off. "I just told Justin to hide in his dormitory. Surely if Potter has marked him as his next victim, it would be best to hide him."

"But what about Y/N?" Another student asks. "Everyone saw him next to Filch's cat when she was petrified. Whose to say he's not the Heir of Slytherin?"

"Makes sense." Hannah replies. "His dad was a Slytherin and a lot of people didn't perceive him as a kind person."

"Great, now they think I'm the heir because of my father. Thanks Dad..."

"But Y/N's mum is Muggleborn, is she not?" A stout boy throws out. "Surely that must mean Aidoneus cares for them right?"

"No, not really. He could've just had a child just to have the next heir and go away. I overheard Ronald say Aidoneus is rarely at home with Y/N and Diana anymore."

Y/N burrows his brow as his annoyance level rises. Harry is almost shaking in his shoes as he feels waves of emotion come off his friend.