14

Cameron stood in the doorway, his hand gripping the doorknob. Eric stepped back from Bea suddenly, looking to Cameron pitifully, his mouth hung open. "C- Cameron.." he stuttered. The taller opened his mouth to say something and Eric feared the worst, but instead he shook his head. Eric could feel his chest tighteing as his face changed from shock to pain, confusion. He looked to him one final time, with, what now seemed to Eric, disgust before he turned away, leaving the door ajar. "Cam..?" She questioned, her eyes wide. "This whole time.. Cameron?" She shook her head in disbelief, staring spacily at the floor. He muttered an 'I'm sorry,' before pushing past her and walking quickly to the door. His head was spinning and the floor felt unlevel to him, but he pushed on; tears welling up in his eyes. 'What have I done?' He thought repeatedly. Luckily he made it to the front door, bumping into three people before he left the house. Cameron was stood by his car, his keys in hand. "Cameron.." Eric whispered as he approached him slowly from behind. He didn't turn around to face him, wouldn't even acknowledge the shorter. "Cameron.. please.." He shook his head, clenching the keys in his hand tightly. "Please talk to me Cam.." Eric watched as he wiped at his eyes, and couldn't imagine that Cameron had been crying. Couldn't even begin to think about how it made him feel that he was the reason. He turned around to meet him, his eyes and cheeks red. "What was that Eric?!" He demanded angrily, his voice breaking. He shook his head, as he averted the taller's gaze. "She just.. she wanted her stuff, and then she said she missed me; that I missed her. I was dizzy.. and I couldn't breathe and then she was.. she... " he couldn't bring himself to say it. "You kissed her.." Cameron finished, his voice full of pain. He shook his head quickly, "I didnt! I didnt know what was happening.. I- I only.." he bit his lip, trying to steady his breathing and fight back tears. "..I love you Cameron.." Cam shook his head, covering his hand with his mouth before bringing it to his head to grab a fistful of hair, the keys between his fingers. "I- I don't know what to do Eric.. I'm so fucking angry right now." Eric put his head down, feeling like a scolded child. "I think.. I think I just need to go for a drive. I need to calm down." Eric's heart dropped, he felt as though he was losing everything in an instant. Time eluded him and he couldn't for the life of him think of what to say, to do, to even begin to fix anything. "Ok." He said simply after a long silence. "I'll.. I'll be back.. Ok?" Cameron added, stepping toward the shorter a few inches. "Ok.." Eric said flatly, his eyes locked on the ground, a dark pebble near Cameron's left sneaker. "She's still in there..?" Eric nodded, a single tear slipping down his cheek. "I can't leave you here with her.." he shook his head, "I cant fucking leave you here with her.." He repeated, before pinching the bridge of his nose, releasing it as he groaned. "Goddamn it Eric! How could you do this to me?!" He asked angrily again, his voice raised. "I'm.. I'm so sorry.."
He whispered, finally looking to the taller, his baby blue eyes searching for something in Eric. From behind him he heard the door open, the muffled music becoming clear before sounding muggy again. He looked up to Cameron who was now staring toward the house, an unexplainable look on his face. Quickly he whipped around to see who he already knew to be Bea. Walking quickly away from the house, looking down as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Cameron shook his head without looking away from her, the look of digust returning. Standing in her path, she had to approach them. She didnt look at either of the pairuntil she'd passed them, turning around with a sincere look on her face. "I'm sorry Eric." She said quickly before turning back around and leaving; disappearing down the dark, quiet street.

Alone in his bed, Eric tossed and turned. The house still loud from the continuing party. Cameron wouldn't allow Eric to join him. "I wont be long" he'd said from behind the open car door, one leg inside. Eric cried silently as he got in, backing down the driveway. It was 4 am and he'd already had four shots and finished the last of his weed. Saving the roach he and Cameron had shared two nights before. He rolled over on to his back one final time staring at the ceiling. He pulled the drawstrings on the hood of Cameron's pullover feeling safe in his scent. Slowly, he drifted to sleep; his breathing hitching as he dreamt, fragmented images of the night. Cameron's expression mostly, the pain in his crystal eyes.

His door clicked open, waking him up with a gasp. "Sorry.." Cameron said from the door. "..iss'okay.." Eric replied quickly, now raising up, the cover falling bunched into his lap. Noticing dawn spilling through his curtains he rubbed at his eyes. "Can I..?" Cameron trailed off, pointing to the bed. Eric nodded, pushing away the pillow he'd cuddled in his sleep. Cameron, still in his jeans and bearing bloodshot eyes, shuffled across the room. Toeing off his shoes before slipping into Eric's bed, sitting back againt the head board. He sighed deeply, resting one hand over his stomach the other behind his head. "There are so many people passed out in there.." Eric chuckled quietly. "I'm really tired.."He said, looking to the shorter. "Wanna go back to bed?" He asked simply. Eric only nodded sleepily, feeling beyond exhausted himself. Cameron repositioned, scooting down on his elbows until he was lying next to Eric, a bit of distance between them. "I thought you weren't coming back.." he said quietly. "So did I for a little bit... but then I thought of you.. in here and.. and I was on my way home" Eric smiled sadly, what'd he'd done to deserve Cameron, he could never imagine. He felt almost guilty to be so happy about his return. He readjusted quietly, facing the bathroom door, away from Cameron on his side. Taking him by surprise Cameron wrapped his arm around him, spooning the smaller. Nothing was said, a gentle understanding of their need for one another. Cameron rested his face in the crook of Eric's neck, kissing him once.

Eric woke slowly, his eyes fluttering open. To his surprise, Cameron was awake, watching him intently. "Good morning." He greeted quietly. Eric stretched a bit, his voice tight as he responded, "good morning." Cameron chewed the inside of his lip, still staring at Eric. "What is it?" Eric questioned worriedly. Cameron shook his head and shrugged. Eric pushed further, scooting closer to the taller. "Please.. tell me what's wrong." Cameron put his hand on Eric's arm, using his thumb to try and soothe Eric. "I just.. I couldnt sleep in here.. after everything last night.." he moved his hand and held a few locks of his hair. "Im not angry.." he sighed, "I'm just.. I've never felt what I'm feeling about this.." he admitted as he looked at the smaller's chest. Eric watched his eyes, "..you should be angry.." he said guiltily, it only made matters worse that Cameron was so forgiving. Cameron shook his head again, furrowing his brows. "It wasnt your fault.. I caught up to her last night.." he sighed as he explained. "She was walking home and it was cold. And as much as I wish as I could have I couldnt leave her.. so I gave her a ride.. and she.. she told me everything." He finished with a soft frown. Eric sat expressionless, absorbing what he'd heard. "So you.. ..you understand?.." Cameron only nodded gently, causing a tear to fall down Eric's cheek. A warm trickling down his face before Cameron wiped it away with his thumb. "I understand.. I love you Eric, and I'm not going anywhere."
Eric smiled sadly, his vision blurry from happy tears. He clutched Cameron, burying his face in his chest. Cameron pet his hair with one hand, holding him tightly in the other. Soon Eric fell back to sleep, dreaming peacefully of a dozy morning in the couple's apartment. Waking with the sunrise, they showered together before going to the grocery store. Buying ingredients to make a pizza by hand. Cameron told the shorter a joke as he sprinkled on cheese, his head tipping back from laughter. The pizza nearly gone they sat on the couch their legs entangled, a tiny brown kitten in his lap as they swapped stories of their youth. Hazily the dream ended as he awoke to the quiet snores of his lover. Deciding now that his dream would come true. He couldn't wait any longer.

~fin~