Chapter 10: Stars

"Mal?" Asked Angus.

"Yes?" His brother's soft voice came back.

"What do stars look like?" There was silence for a while.

"Stars ... mh ... how should I describe that?" Malcolm hummed a little. "Oh. Well, stars, as you probably know, are only seen at night and in the sky."

"Of course I know!" Angus laughed and nudged Malcolm.

"Yes. So they are beautiful. Just like you." Angus giggled. "There are small stars as well as large ones. They shine brightly in the dark night sky. There are also shooting stars. They are even more beautiful, but you can't see them for very long. And ... there are Star constellations. There is the big and the little car, for example. It's a star chain. Stars are beautiful, Angus. I wish you could see them." Angus leaned against his brother's shoulder.

"Maybe I can see them someday. I think stars are pretty beautiful."

"You know Angus ... it's normal for me. Because I see it all the time."

"I wish I could see too. Especially you. I would love to see you." Malcolm sighed and stroked Angus' hair. "I would love to see the person I love."

"What do you mean?" Asked Malcolm.

"Well ... I love you. You are my brother. But I can only recognize you by your voice and your hands. I would love to have a picture of you in my head." Malcolm smiled weakly.

"I love you too, Angus." He hugged Angus and kissed his head.