Chapter 21: "Your chance."

After Malcolm was beaten twice more, he finally had the money and paid everything back. Angus went to pubs with Bon and the boys and seemed to be having a lot of fun. The group came home. They had all moved in with Malcolm. Malcolm was sitting in the kitchen reading.

"Oh. The boring reads." Phil chuckled. Angus laughed. Malcolm looked up and held up a form.

"You can also get your driver's license in Braille. I asked today. It took me hours to find a Braille driving school." Angus nodded.

"Mh. Will you put it in my room for me I'll read it through then." The form was in Braille. Malcolm nodded a little.

"Oh. And I got you a workbook for you."

"Take a look at him." Said Cliff. "Does he look like a schoolboy? He doesn't need any workbooks."

"My speech." Angus nodded. Malcolm sighed.

"At least take a look at him, okay? You still can't read or write."

"Yes he can!" Cried Bon. "In Braille!" The friends laughed. Malcolm sighed, took the things, and went to Angus' room, put everything on the desk and went into his own. Since the time Angus could see, they no longer slept together in one bed. Malcolm sat on his bed and picked up a book. It was in Braille. Malcolm didn't really need it, but just to remember how to do it, he read it in Braille. Malcolm turned off the lights and closed his eyes. He ran his finger over the pages and read. He wasn't as fast as he had been as a kid, but he could still do it. At some point he fell asleep.