Chapter 11: Always just Angus!

Angus (22) Malcolm (24)

The years passed. Both grew older and moved into a house Malcolm bought together. Malcolm taught his brother to play the guitar and they formed a band with their friends. Malcolm worked as a mechanic. Angus was at his home. Malcolm had a girlfriend. Her name was Susanne. She also lived in the house.

"Hello, Angus." She said, walking past him.

"Hello Susi. How was your day?" Angus asked cheerfully. He was sitting on the kitchen chair reading a book in Braille.

"Pretty good." She muttered. "Has Malcolm been here?"

"No." She nodded a little and looked at Angus skeptically.

"Did you cook?"

"Yes." Angus said proudly, pointing to the pot on the stove.

"Oh. Okay." She nodded and looked into the pot. It looked pretty inedible, but she said nothing. The door opened. Shortly afterwards Malcolm came into the kitchen. "Mal!" Shrieked Susi and fell on his neck. Angus heard them kiss.

"Hello, darling." Malcolm hummed. "Hello, Angus." Angus felt Malcolm's rough hands come to rest on his.

"Hi." Angus smiled.

"Oh! You stink of oil!" Exclaimed Susi.

"What did you expect?" Malcolm chuckled.

"Off to the shower!"

"Cover you in oil." Angus grinned. Malcolm laughed.

"See you soon, Ang." Malcolm disappeared. Angus chuckled a little and continued reading his book. Malcolm had bought it for him. Braille books were not easy to find. Then he heard Malcolm sing from the bathroom and smiled. Malcolm had a beautiful voice, but he never admitted it. He sang an opera. Angus smiled. The shower went out and he heard something pop.

"Mal? Are you all right?" Angus asked in panic. He heard loud gasps and a slight breeze.

"S ... Susi." Malcolm groaned. The two kissed.

"Oh God. Malcolm, I need you." Angus blushed as he heard the two stumble onto the sofa.

"A ... Angus ... Susi! Stop it!" Malcolm shrieked, apparently pulling away.

"Why are we together?" He heard Suzy scream.

"Because I love you, Susi."

"You don't love me!" She exclaimed.

"Naturally. What are you saying?"

"Everything revolves around your brother! Why is he here at all! It should be just you and me! You care more about him than about me!" Angus eyes started to water. Would the two of them throw him out now? He took his white cane and ran out of the house. He walked as fast as he dared across the sidewalk and went into the Park, where he sat down crying on a park bench. That was exactly what he had feared as a child. Malcolm had promised him to take care of him. But he didn't want to. Angus wept bitterly.

"You cheated on me." Angus whispered. He went back that evening.