prologue

Cold cobblestones were ricocheting the noise from her bare feet as Saga ran through the halls of the castle. Snow falling softly outside onto the once green grass. A giggle left Saga's lips as her pursuer let out a large huff of air. She had slowed down because her long dress was getting in the way; as she bunched it up in her fists, Saga started to run again with her footsteps slapping against the cold tiles of the floor. Hearing them once again pick up the pace, she quickly turned the corner and hid inside a room quietly closing the door while taking a deep breath. As she regained composure, she heard something move and suddenly the room was filled with warm light.

"Hello, Love"

"Niklaus" Saga gasped, knowing he was the only one to use the term of endearment towards her,

"I caught you, do I get my prize now?"

"I don't know Nik, you slowed down. I'm beginning to think you like the chase. Besides, I don't think you behaved well enough for me to give you a prize."
"You slowed down too, my love. If anything, I think it's you who has not behaved. I might just have to punish you." He said with a smirk before grabbing her waist and hauling his wife over his shoulder and speeding down the hallways which they had just run down.
"Niklaus!" A shriek left her lips as he cheekily slapped my behind before setting her on their bed.
"I love you, my darling wife."
"And I love you, my darling husband. Always and forever."
"Always and forever."