sixteen

Niklaus had decided to save the governor's bastard child

Niklaus had decided to save the governor's bastard child. He had come back to their room speaking of the boy that they would both take in and raise away from the cruel treatment he was facing before, Niklaus having had a similar experience in his own upbringing but knowing what this boy faced was a much crueller upbringing. Saga smiled at her husband's loving and paternal nature. It reminding her of their human life in the most bittersweet way. They would be able to raise a child even if it wasn't their own, knowing they could love them all the same.

The family had taken the boy Niklaus had named Marcellus, with Saga and Nik taking parental roles. Saga had shown so much maternal love for the boy, caring for him in the ways she wished she could have done with her own child.

"Mother." Marcel greeted hugging her tightly, the time he had spent with the family meant he had grown to look at her in this way after he had lost his own mother.

"Hello my dear boy. How were your lessons with Elijah today?"

"Klaus came and Elijah sent me away to talk to him."

"Well I'm sure you can practice up here perfectly fine." She smiled lightly, urging him to practice knowing he looked up to Elijah and admired his talents.

Saga excused herself from the room to allow Marcel to practice before she went to the room Nik was currently in. She saw him sat on the sofa with a dagger in his hands.

"Niklaus?" She said gently.

"Hello love."

"What's this I hear about you making a scene during Marcel's piano lessons?"

Niklaus ignored her as he looked up at her, her blonde locks framing her face as her delicate features held a slight scowl.

"Niklaus, I know you think that there is some competition between you and Elijah for Marcel's affections but there isn't. He looks up to both of you."

"I can't stand those two being thick as thieves my love, so I decided to have my own fun while those two have theirs."

"What do you mean?"

"Hello love, you're looking well." Saga froze at the voice behind her, knowing the last time she had heard it she was daggered and hidden away by Kol.

"Kol." She greeted tightly.

"Oh don't be like that love, I know what I did was rather rude but I was only trying to protect you."

"You daggered me and used me as leverage to get Nik to stop daggering you."

"Well yes, but I'm sure we can put all of that behind us now and focus on building our relationship back. I have missed you Saga." Kol moved to hug her but she sped away from his grasp towards the door.

"Niklaus, I'm going to our room. I suggest you find somewhere else to sleep tonight." She said looking at her husband, he held a hard look on his face before she stormed off to their bedroom to sit alone and reflect on her husband's actions.