[20]

3rd person POV

No one moved a muscle. The team exchanged worried looks about a certain lady said to be having a certain business with an unknown man.

"Why would I be your business?" She shouted at him, standing tall. He smirked at this and clapped slowly for a few times and placed them back in the pouch of his pants.

"So brave and strong. You would really be worth a few fights." He smugly announced.

"No fighting would be happening here sir, sorry to disappoint you." Iida interrupted. Like a flash of lightning, the newcomer's light green eyes glanced at the owner of the voice and an unknown whitish blue force knocked him back. Sending him too far away from the location. All eyes looked into the direction where his body flew.

"Now..." They jumped at the stranger's voice and once again moved their eyes to him.

"Who else wants to interrupt?" He raised his right hand and shook it, testing the team. They all glanced at each other except for (y/n) who was having an intense staring battle at the boy. A bit unsure and scared but they wholeheartedly decided that it's the best course of action and they wouldn't regret it even a bit. One by one they all raised their hands and glared at the guy with such determination and anger in their eyes. (y/n) was shocked when she glanced around and looked at their hands.

"What are you guys doing? You're not his target! Lower your hands now!" She retorted.

"You mess with one of us..." Midoriya started.

"You mess with all of us!!" They all shouted after. A loud laughter was heard after that strong declaration of not backing down. The sky blue haired guy spread his arms wide and smiled widely at them.

"If that's the case!..." The albino komodo dragon on his shoulders crawled up to one of his hands and hissed at the team.

"Then show me what you all got!" And that's when the fight began. They didn't attack without the consideration of each member. They all went with a coordinated attack with Todoroki first freezing him in place. Uraraka went to check up on where Iida went since she knows that she might not be able to help at that kind of opponent at the moment. Kirishima held the man from behind and secured his arms apart so he won't be able to retaliate once the main attack starts. Bakugou and Midoriya are the ones assigned for the offensive part, much to the blonde's dismay, but for the safety of the girl staring at them bewildered with what they're doing, for her, for (y/n), anything...

Midoriya powered up One-For-All into his fist for a strong opening punch while Bakugou gave himself a boost behind Midoriya so he can blast the unknown man with his overflowing rage. The guy didn't even flinch or tried to fight back, instead he just smirked at them and closed his eyes as Midoriya fist and Bakugou's explosion came in contact with him. The place is covered with smoke so it was hard for (y/n) to see what the result is. Though she has so much hope for her team, there's still something at the pit of her gut that tells her it's far from over.

The smoke started to clear up and paved a line of vision at the fighting scene. Her eyes went wide at what greeted her line of vision. Todoroki... Midoriya... Kirishima... And Bakugou.... They're all down on the ground... The man is still standing with his arms crossed over his chest and that sickening smirk plastered on his face. The albino komodo dragon is on his shoulders once more, hissing at her and Nix.

"Well, that was fun. It was short but at least I know what their quirks now." In a blink of her eye, he was now in front of her. She remained rooted on the ground and went into a fighting stance. Nix flapped his wings and soar above her with such intimidating eyes and ready-to-strike talons.

"What did you do to them?" She gritted her teeth in anger and clenched her fists so tight her knuckles colored white.

"Nothing much, just knocked 'em up to prevent pests during our fight." The komodo dragon hissed at Nix from above and crawled down to the ground. The girl didn't expect what happened next, it grew in size and is almost as tall as the man's waist.

"Oh you don't know they can do this? I guess the two of you are not that connected at all." She glanced back at Nix but it was a wrong move as a punch made its way into her cheek. She skidded for about a few meters before stopping and staring back at him with much more rage in her eyes. He snickered and went into a fighting stance with the albino by his side.

"Hey your fight is with me..." The three of them glanced at Nix and watched as he burned in flames. The fire grew larger and stopped when it has equal ratio with the komodo dragon's growth. It diminished into nothing and showed a much mature and larger Nix before them.

 It diminished into nothing and showed a much mature and larger Nix before them

"Well, well, well, you managed to unlock the first stage... I expect no less but it seems you were hiding a lot from your master." The unnamed man told Nix but the latter only cawed at him intimidatingly like the phoenix he is.

"Nix what is he talking about?" (y/n), without lifting her glare at the man, questioned Nix. She flinched when she heard a voice in her head.

"Don't worry about it for now. Focus on the battle first. I apologize for keeping secrets." She took a glance at Nix and saw him eyeing her apologetically from the side. She only smiled and went back into her serious face and smirked.

"Since I'm your business, then let's see if you're worthy of my time then." She shifted in her position and steadied her breathing to just focus on the man before her.

"Very well, I shouldn't keep a lady waiting..."