Chapter 4

We walked to school but from the back way so no one could see us. As we were walking back I saw Ashley and Pricella talking. Ashley handed Pricella fifty dollars. Then came a knot. A knot knowing that Ashely had set up Mel like she promised. "Maybe we could head a different direction." she's not going to understand. "No. Why" the knot gets bigger and bigger until I start crying. I couldn't help it. "When I broke up with Ashley she promised to make your life a living hell. And now she has. I'm so sorry."

************

This is all because of him. I fell to the ground hot tears streaming down my face. He tried drying them but I slapped his hand away. "I can't believe this." I ran away from him. He did all of this. This is all his fault. Now my mom is going to kill me. I ran back into the school and into the girls bathroom. I had so many emotions mixed up inside me I let the bathroom door slam behind me. I locked the door so my sobs wouldn't be bothered. I put my back up against the door and sank to the floor. I sat there with my head in my knees. Until I heard a knock on the door. "Hey Mel. Its Tessa. Nate told me you might be in here." I opened the door slowly. "Hey Tessa. Come into my humble crying space." "Nate told me everything. He said he wanted to be with you but he didn't mean for you to get hurt." I didn't realize he didn't mean it I thought he set me up. "Where is he."

************

I was waiting outside for Mel to come out. I sent her really good friend ,Tessa, inside. She can always talk some sense into her. At that very moment the doors swun open with so much force I knew it could only be Mel. "I knew Tessa could talk some sense into you." I approached Melody with my hands open for a hug. But she remained where she stood. "You mean sending my gorgeous friend to talk to me. She persuaded me. She didn't talk." She smiled but I could tell that their was something else in her eyes besides joy. Hurt. I didn't mean to hurt her. "Mel I didnt mean to hurt you." "I don't care." The hurt was gone. But something else was their, something worse then hurt. Anger. I walked up to her grabbed her arm and flung her too the ground. More tears rolled down her face. I hadn't realized what I had done until I saw the blood flowing onto the ground. She had landed on her arm. It broke. I broke Mel's arm. In a sudden shock I backed up and put my hand up to my mouth. I ran back into the building straight for the nurses office. "Help Melody is hurt."

************

"I don't care" I wasn't hurt anymore I was angry but more happy then anything else. Nate walked over to me grabbed my arm and threw me to the ground. I was shocked. We have been friends for seven years and he's never done anything like that. Then came the burning sensation. Then the tears again. Then I saw it the blood was coming out of my arm like lava. But most importantly the bone sticking out of my arm. I wanted to scream but I was in so much pain I couldn't speak. You'd think he'd help but no. He walks inside.

All I remember is stars then everything went black.

When I woke up then only things I heard were sobs and sirens. There was a man standing over me. It was Nate. He was the one crying. The sirens were because I was in the ambulance being transported to the hospital.

************

I went inside the school and got the nurse. I told her what happened. She told me she'd call the hospital. To what there for her to get back. The sounds of sirens got louder and louder. I ran outside to wait with Melody. The paramedics told me I could ride with Melody so she'd have someone familiar their when she woke up. "Melody. I'm so sorry." Then there and then I started crying. It was only a few minutes until she woke up. But when she did she looked up and smiled at me. The three unexpected words came out of her mouth. "I love you."