time travel

i looked at my surroundings then i looked at five and the lady. "what the hell is going on?" five looked at me and chuckled. "oh so me being utterly confused is hilarious to you right?" "yes and as for your other question , when i went to the future the world ended. everything was knocked down and it was a mess. and- um...you guys were all dead. i found your bodies. then the handler offered me a job and i murdered a lot of people then i betrayed them and came back to 2019 to stop the end of the world." five said. i stood there with a shocked look on my face. "so...the world is ending?" five nodded. "when?" he sighed. "well right now we're in the year-" he turned around to look at the handler. "1955." he turned back around to me. "1955, so not the end of the world yet." "and you didn't tell me earlier why?" "i didn't want to scare you." i raised my eyebrows. "wow that's um- wow." the handler tapped her watch. "who's she?" "the handler." she stuck her hand out and i shook it. "didn't he betray you?" she nodded. "well then why are you being so nice to him and me right now?" "because i offered him a job back here." i looked at him. "in management, not assassination." "okay...um- why am i here?" " i wanted to take you with me." "we really have to get going." the handler interrupted. "right." five said and grabbed my hand. i intertwined my fingers with his and i saw him blush a little.

the handler started rambling on about how amazing five is. i admit , jealousy was not a thing im good at managing so the handler better shut her mouth soon. five just stayed quiet most of the time. we entered a building and they both just talked about things i had no clue about. we walked into a room and were introduced to 'dot'. i smiled. "in fact , it was dot here who first flagged your appearance in 2019." the handler continued. "no hard feelings." she said smiling. "well , you certainly put us through the ringer." she continued as five stared dot down. he looked like he was about to murder her and i was holding in my laugh. she showed us our desk and presented our first 'case'. five looked through the file then handed it to me to see. "anyhoo, if you have any questions , i'll be right behind you." she said , pointing at her desk. she walked away and we both sat down. we looked at each other and at the file again. he started explaining everything to me in detail and i (surprisingly) understood everything.

"i know it's crazy but you understand right?" i nodded. "i had a feeling you would. your smarter than everyone else in the academy." i smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "i know darling." he smiled and continued working on the case.

after around 20 minutes of working on it , five was typing out the case answer and i was drawing on a random piece of paper. "hey five , how's it going?" i heard a voice behind us ask. before she could finish five said, "i must have utter silence in order to complete this task." "oh ok." she stammered. 4 seconds later she started again. "hey , a few of us are having lunch and i was wondering if you-" five clears him throat hinting at her to shut up. he passed me the paper and i rolled it up and put it onto a jar. i looked up at him and raised my eyebrows as if asking if this is the right way to do it. he nodded and gave a little smile. i passed him the jar and he grabbed me hand again and we both stood up and he started leading me to a room. he was explaining how sending the jar to the person works when the handler creeped up behind us. "im afraid thats not procedure." she said , her face oddly close to fives. i looked at her and she backed up a bit. she took the jar from fives hands and introduced us to gloria. "gloria is perhaps the single most vital cog in our machine." she continued. as gloria blushed and smiled.

"gloria this is number five and..." "celeste." i said. "look at you...deadly little thing." she said looking at five. i slightly nodded in agreement and five looked bored. "so happy we decided to close the contract of your life." she said chuckling. she's a real bitch. i thought. "ooh. karl weber." five smiled. "now tell me ,why unfortunate karl?" she asked. i could already tell five was excited to answer. "karl weber is the butcher at the shop where captain ernst a. lehmann acquires his weekly roast." five looked at me to continue. "so, if karl dies , his butcher shop is passed down to his son otto , who never washes his hands, which is gross." i said. "so he's the one who gives the captain his roast." the handler said , catching on. "and that gives him food poisoning." "which makes him late for work, which delays the takeoff." she said surprised. "and to make up for lost time , the hindenburg flies through a weather front of high electrical charge and humidity." "and the static electricity inside the aircraft makes it a virtual tinderbox. tiny engine sparks-" "and just like that we have..." five raises his hand and mimics an explosion. gloria and the handler laugh while five stands there and looks proud. i giggle and intertwine our hands again.

we walked back to the desk room and the handler announces our success. me and five go back to our desks and start looking through other files when a buzzer rings. everyone leaves and five immediately stands up and grabs a file from dots desk and puts it under his sweater vest. "stay here i'll be right back." fives says and gives me a quick peck. i nod already knowing his plan. he walks away and i just look out the window and wonder what everyone doing back at home. after a few minutes five comes back and grabs my hand. "we're having lunch with the handler." "okay."