grenade.

as the handler was rambling on and on about and archduke and some guy called phill and all this uninteresting bullshit , i was thinking about five. after nearly a week i still couldn't believe that he came back after all these years , and he didn't forget about me. thank god. then a memory flashed through my head.

it was christmas morning and allison was shaking me awake. "celeste! celeste wake up!" i groaned and told her to shutup. "it's christmas don't you remember?" that sentence woke me up completely. my eyes shot open and i sat up. "wait , is it really?" allison nodded and laughed at my crazy hair sticking upwards. "oh shush." i said to her holding in a laugh and ran to the bathroom. i brushed my hair and put it in a low ponytail and grabbed my slippers. i walked out the door and allison grabbed my hand and dragged me downstairs and i saw everyone opening the presents around the tree we put up with moms help. i stood there in awe , admiring the only day of the whole year that the whole family was genuinely happy.

"come on!" klaus called at me. i looked up and ran over to him. "i can't tell if your even awake yet." we both laughed and ben joined in. "here, i found it next to mine." ben said handing me a small box , wrapped in blue and green wrapping. i tore it open in seconds as they both watched , looking forward to see what was inside. i took the top of the tiny box and saw a beautiful lilac stoned ring. my mouth dropped open in awe and i inspected the ring and saw 'always and forever' engraved on the inside.

(if you want , this is what the ring looked like , or you can imagine it differently

(if you want , this is what the ring looked like , or you can imagine it differently.)
then everyone started piling up around me and asking who it was from. "who do you think?" diego asked sarcastically. "it's from mr loverboy over there." he continued pointing at five walking down the stairs. i looked up and smiled to myself. he was rubbing his eyes and groaning. everyone was either ooing or laughing.

i stood up and walked over to him. "did you really get this for me?" he looked down at the ring and smiled. he looked up at me and nodded. i felt my cheeks heat up and we walked together to the kitchen. he made himself a coffee as i watched in disgust how he could drink that.

"it's beautiful." "and your favorite color." i smiled. i wrapped my arms around him and thanked him. "oOoOoO!" i turned around startled and rolled my eyes to see allison , klaus and diego. "gross." diego muttered. "yeah yeah look who's talking?" five replied. allison's eyes opened wide. "oh yeah true! we see you and luther exchanging love eyes at the table everyday!" allison ran away and we all laughed.

"celeste," i looked up. "come see." i hadn't even noticed that five and the handler had moved. i stood up and walked over to them. "this is the gun that hitler used to kill himself." the handler said. my eyebrows raised in amusement. "really?" i asked. both five and the handler nodded. "can i hold it?" she passed me the gun and i admired it for a while. "we aren't supposed to take these kinds of things but , he wasn't gonna use it anymore." the handler whispered , again oddly close to five. "sooooo," i said trying to change the subject. "i wanted to run some thoughts by you. some suggestions to improve mission protocol." five said. and they started rambling again.

i started thinking about the ring that he gave me and where i put it. after five left and i gave up on him , i took it off because it reminded me of him and i couldn't stand thinking about him because it hurt too much. then it clicked. wait, no way. i thought. i think i left it in one of my uniform jackets. i checked my pockets discretely , and to my surprise i felt the ring on my boob pocket. i took it out and admired it once again. i was going to put it on my finger but i was scared i'd lose it so i put it back. i smiled just thinking about the ring.

i looked up paying attention to what they were saying. i watched in disgust as the handler 'booped' fives nose. she started walking away and then i , remembering the plan, reached for a grenade as quietly as possible and shoved it into my skirt pocket. my heartbeat accelerated from the adrenaline and fear of getting caught. if i did one thing wrong , i could expose both of us and we'd be killed within seconds. startled by the voice of dot, i jumped and five looked back at me confused. i shook my head as my sign of saying 'i'm fine' and he raised his eyebrows and looked away. "sorry to interrupt , may i have a moment alone?" dot said as the handler nodded. me and five smiled and walked out the door. relived i let out a sigh.

"you okay?" five asked me. "yeah just scared she might've caught me." "caught you doing what?" i pulled him close and showed him the grenade in my pocket. he chucked and showed me the inside of his blazer pocket , with the same grenade. i looked at him and we both started laughing. "great minds think alike." i said. "indeed." he stopped and i looked at him confused. he pulled me close to him and wrapped one hand around my waist and one on the back of my neck , pulling me in to kiss him. our lips melted into each other , blending perfectly. my hands made their way his cheeks , caressing them and rubbing my thumb gently on his face. we pulled away at the same time. "what was that for? i'm not complaining but why?" i said , failing to hold in the biggest smile. "in case this doesn't end well." i smiled. "it will , don't worry." he pulled me in again. and we stayed for a few seconds. he held my hand and we continued walking and talking about random things. then we stopped around the corner and dot was scurrying out to go somewhere. and five , apparently knew where because he transported us into the mission sending room thing and he pulled me onto him before gloria spotted us. "the handler knows that five and the girl are up to something, get this to hazel and cha cha immediately." we heard dot say. i looked up at five. "the girl?" i mouthed at him and he smiled , holding back a laugh. i smiled with him , admiring his beauty. i was pressed up against him and he was looking down at me too. we both leaned in about to kiss when five teleported behind gloria and stapled her back.

"rude!" i shouted at him and saw him smiling. "we have all the time in the world for that later." i rolled my eyes and walked up to gloria and dragged her behind her desk as five opened the container and called me over. "celeste! look." i walked over to him and it said "protect harold jenkins." we both exchanged confused looks. "who's-" "we'll figure it out later." five started typing again but this time it said 'terminate hazel for immediate extraction.' the same for cha cha too. "smart." i said and he smirked and a made a face saying 'i know'. he gave me one of the papers and i rolled it up , got another container and sent it.