before.

*FLASHBACK*

it was a normal , sunny day in july and there was going to be a parade that day. a parade celebrating The Umbrella Academy. i never payed much attention to them but my adoptive parents did. (my real parents were brutally murdered.) they were kind of obsessed. apparently the academy had some sort of super powers and they used it to save people and shit like that. it was cool but i never really cared about that sort of stuff. all i cared about was skating and my secret restaurant. well it wasn't really mine but i liked to think it was. it was abandoned and no one was ever there. i like to sit on the roof and watch the sunset or just hang there all day for no reason.

i was skating around before going to the parade. i checked the time and realized i was late so i started skating really quickly. i didn't notice how fast i was going until i nearly got hit by a car and i fell off my skate. i was on the floor and i aww everyone look at me. i was so embarrassed i just wanted to disappear. so i did. literally. my parents were saying "where did she go? she was right there?" at first i thought they were playing around, but then it came to light that i actually turned invisible...and i didn't know how to turn back.

i was waving my hands around desperately to see if they could finally see me. they couldn't. so i got one of the signs off someone's hands and got a marker and wrote : "IM RIGHT HERE." and turned it around for my parents to see. mom fainted and my dad looked shocked. but then i turned to see sir hargreeves looking at the board in awe. "invisibility." he muttered. he reached for my hand and moved it around a little , oblivious to where i was. i took it and he shook it ferociously. i suddenly turned back visible and if he didn't look shocked before, imagine then. "reginald hargreeves." he said. "and you are?"

"celeste diamond."

so fast forward 2 weeks, sir reginald took me in. (didn't legally adopt me but no one asked questions.) thats when i met my new , and only, friends. we had the best time. i taught them how to skate and they always fell over, especially five, and each of them taught me something. luther taught me how to be extremely annoying , diego taught me how to throw knives,  (not as good as him though.) allison taught me how to get anything i want, klaus taught me how to smoke , ben tried to teach me how to be responsible...he failed. vanya taught me how to play violin and five, he taught me how to love. (and be a dickhead.)

one night i went to fives room, as usual, to talk for hours until i fell asleep on his bed and he would space jump me to my bed. sometimes he lied with me and maybe even kissed my forehead but i never asked him about it. i didn't mind it. and if i was being honest i kind of enjoyed it and if i mentioned it he might stop.

when i walked into his room he looked uneasy. "hey are you ok?" i asked sounding concerned. he just sat there on his bed. silence. after a few seconds i sat next to him hoping he would tell me. "what is it? your starting to scare me." i said. he lifted his head up slowly and looked into my eyes. "promise you won't laugh or judge or anything?" "no." i replied. "i will literally kill you." "fiiiine just tell me already." he paused for a second before telling me.

"i like you." he said a bit hesitant. my eyebrows raised slightly and my eyes widened. "look-" and before he could finish the sentence i already pressed my lips against his.

after that night i woke up in my bed and the events of last night repeated in my head. i smiled...hard. i was about to get dressed out of my pajamas and into my uniform when i noticed five sleeping next to me. i felt myself physically melting inside. his messy hair resting on his forehead and the sound of his light snores lingering around in my room. he was absolutely adorable in his sleep.

i stared for a while , just admiring him and was suddenly startled by his raspy morning voice. "watching me sleep?" he said opening his eyes and a slight smirk on his face. "oh shut up." i said trying not to let out a chuckle. he sat up and ran his hands through his hair.

"i'm gonna go change." i smiled. "what?" "your voice." he looked at me confused. "it sounds so calming in the morning." i said as he stood up and stretched. his back muscles flexed and i felt my heartbeat accelerate. he turned back around facing me. "well you'll be hearing a lot more of it so brace yourself." he said with now a huge smirk on his face. he leaned down and kissed me. both his hands were at my sides , resting on the bed and my back arched a little. the kiss lasted so long that i had to pull away to catch my breath.

and for a year , every single day was like that one morning: calming , heart accelerating...amazing. it was the best year of my life. it was perfect. everything was perfect. then one day he got caught up in a minor fight with 'dad' and he wanted to prove that he can time travel. i already warned him not to multiple times. i always told him he might go and not be able to come back. and that's exactly what he did. and i didn't see him for 16 years. 16 miserable years of waiting for him , staying up until the latest i physically could , hoping he would miraculously come back to me. he never did.