Chapter Eight

Wei Wuxian left Lan Wangji to the Lan healers, knowing he would wake in a few minutes without the memories of what happened in the cave. With the Yin Iron in a pouch to his side and Baiguang on his back, Wei Wuxian makes his way to Lanshi to be met with Lan Qiren. Knocking first he waited until he heard, "Come in." from inside. Opening the door Wei Wuxian bows to Lan Qiren.

"This disciple has some matters to speak with you before I leave, GrandMaster Lan." Wei Wuxian says before straightening up again.

"Young Master Wei I just received your discipline paper and received word that you brought Lan Wangji to the healer's ward because he fainted in the woods." Lan Qiren speaks while stroking his beard.

"GrandMaster Lan, that is why I am here. There is more that happened in the woods and Baiguang, is the one who put Lan Wangji to sleep." Wei Wuxian presented the Guqin to Lan Qiren.

Lan Qiren shot out of his seat with wide eyes at the sight of Lan Yi, spiritual Guqin in Wei Wuxian's hands. "You found the cave, which means that you must have..." Lan Qiren stops for a moment before looking out of the window as if he was searching for a moment. Wei Wuxian understood he was seeing if anyone could be listening.

Wei Wuxian closed his eyes and whistled a few notes causing a silencing barrier to surround the Lanshi. "Please speak freely now GrandMaster Lan. No one will even hear us if they were right outside of the door." Wei Wuxian opens his eyes and smiles kindly. "If anyone tries to breach the spell I will know right away and I will only make it stronger."

Lan Qiren was, well, troubled would be putting it lightly. His eldest Nephew, Lan Xichen has been studying under him for years and yet could never make anything this strong before. "You must have the Yin Iron correct?"

Nodding Wei Wuxian nods and takes the pouch from his side and hands it over to Lan Qiren. "Master Lan Yi has given it to me to protect. She asked me to keep a hold of it for safekeeping."

Looking suspiciously at Wei Wuxina wondering if this is how he made the silence barrier with such strength, was by already using the Yin Iron. "I am grateful for you to bring both Baiguang and the Yin Iron to me but this is a Lan Sect matter, and you have no connections to Gusu Lan so that I will be confiscating both from you." Lan Qiren reaches a hand to take the pouch from Wei Wuxian, but Baiguang didn't like this disrespect to its God Wei and sent a warning strike to Lan Qiren making him retract his hand.

Wide eyes Lan Qiren looks to Baiguang because it was never heard of its instruments striking its masters, and considering that this Guqin belonged to Lan An, Lan Qiren Great Great Great Great Grandfather. If anything Baiguang should be striking Wei Wuxian for going against the Lan Sect.

"Wei Wuxian! What dark magic have you used to turn my own family spiritual instruments against its masters?!?!" Lan Qiren accuses.

Wei Wuxian's eyes darken, turning red, "I would mind your words GrandMaster Lan, for your sword spiritsword is right behind you. Don't EVER think such preposterous ideas of these holy spirits that have aided you over the years again, am I clear?!?"

Terrified to see these eyes on this young boy which was only a sign of resentful energy, Lan Qiren only grew more afraid, but his anger won out, "Give the Yin Iron to me, or I'll have no choice to arrest you for treason!"

Wei Wuxian's eyes darken even greater, "It seems it wasn't just the Wen Clan that changed. It also seems like the Gusu Lan Clan has also fallen so far."

Out of anger Lan Qiren grabs his sword and breaks one of the rules by un-shielding it and pointing it to Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian's eyes widened, surprised that this man would go this far. Gangho, Lan Qiren's sword sends a large sharp zap through his hand which sends the adult to his knees. Lan Qiren drops his sword holding his hand but looking at his hand in fear. Wei Wuxian shakes his head knowing that this man might now never be able to hold his sword again for pointing it to an innocent person, and what was even worse, that innocent person was that spirit's God.

Not wanting to make the matters worse, Wei Wuxian bows to Lan Qiren saying, "I'll be taking my leave now." before taking both Baiguang who was begging to come with its God, and the Yin Iron tied back to his side. He leaves the Lanshi and decides not to wait for dinner. He just went to his room and repack his bag and left a note, saying he left because he was coming down with something and it was best to head to Jiang Sect before he got worse.

Making his way to the gate, no one stopped him, but he was guessing that Lan Qiren hadn't even told anyone that went down in private because he was embarrassed that he lost face in front of a "fifteen" year old. Bowing to those who were protecting the gate Wei Wuxian started to descend from the stairs that lead to Caiyi Town. Once inside of the town Wei Wuxian looked around for a restaurant to stop and rest for the night before taking his journey back to the burial grounds.

Finding an inn that serves food and lets guests stay the night, Wei Wuxian pays for a room before he orders a few plates to be taken up to his room. Once inside Wei Wuxian places Baigunag on the desk with the Yin Iron. Sitting behind the desk, Wei Wuxian runs his hand over the strings of the Guqin, right when she appears, the spirit of Baigunag. Her hair is long that flows behind her on the ground, her skin is fair and paler than the moon. Her eyes are white but glow a soft gold color. She wears a white gown. "It's been awhile spirit." Wei Wuxian smiles up at her.