Chapter Thirty-Five

Once more, days turn to weeks, and weeks turn to months, and those months turn into three years. It was Wen Yuan's third birthday and they were traveling to the Nightless city by foot, with the Wen's that resides in the now called Yiling Patriarch mountain, to honor the man who saved them and gave them their new home which they build into the small but growing village that it is today.

Wei Wuxian was now a normal human deciding to let go of his immortality and cultivation two years ago, wanting to grow old with Wen Yuan and Lan Wangji, whenever he was ready to come live in the cottage with them, which was never the same date as he would say it would be because always something new would come up to the grown sect that needed Lan Wangji to stay in Gusu, but every other month Lan Wangji would come down and spend three to two weeks with them before going back to his own home.

Arriving at the Nightless City at midday, both Sect. Leader Wen Qing and Young master Wen Ning met them at the entrance up to the fire palace. Wen Yuan saw his Aunt and Uncle and jumped from his father's arms before running to them screaming their names.

It was Wen Ning who caught the boy and hugged him while Sect. Leader Wen Qing smiles fondly and pats him gently on the head. Wei Wuxian was next to greet them and bow politely to Wen Qing and hug Wen Ning who grew closer to one another. Once inside Wei Wuxian was met with his sworn brother Sect. Leader Jiang, and newly wedded Jiang Yanli with her husband and baby Jin Zixuan and little A-Ling.

"What took you so long to arrive, Wei Wuxian?!?" demands Jiang Cheng, not knowing Wei Wuxian's new condition.

"I wasn't going to leave Granny Wen and the others alone to arrive here." Wei Wuxian simply says, "Besides there is no fault in using what you are already given to get to one destination to another Jiang Cheng."

Jiang Cheng huffs and was about to argue some more, but a handsome Second Jade of Gusu caught Wei Wuxain's eye, which caused him to seek the warmth of his lovers, leaving Jiang Cheng alone for a moment. Not caring for the audience Lan Wangji stole a kiss from Wei Wuxian not being able to wait in their private quarters. Though breaking away just as fast as the kiss came so they don't grow to want more Lan Wangji to settle for just having one arm wrapped around his Love, and the other one holding their son close to them.

Last year Lan Wangji asked permission of both Wei Wuxian and the Wen's if he could consider Wen Yuan as his right beside Wei Wuxian, which caused most of them to laugh and Wei Wuxian to answer with, "I already thought you did Lan Zhan!"

But keeping to Wen Yuan's late parents and Wei Wuxian's wishes, he never tried to pressure the boy into caring his name, saying it was more than okay calling his son a Wen, for it's where he's come from.

Even though Jiang Cheng was giving Wei Wuxian crap for arriving late, it was Nie Huaisang, and his Excellency Nie Mingjue which everyone stopped to bow to him except for Wei Wuxian but Nie Mingjue saw no offense to this as if it wasn't for Wei Wuxian he wouldn't have been given this position. So instead Nie Mingjue bows to the All-Mighty Yiling Patriarch who caught his arms. "Greeting to Master Wei from this Head Cultivator."

"Your Excellency this would seem to be improper to be bowing to anyone." Wei Wuxian laughed but the man didn't listen.