Chapter Twenty-Seven

Not wanting to decide on his own, Wen Ning sent a letter to Wen Qing, his sister, requesting her to come down. Three days later, Wen Qing arrived at the village to be met with the horrible news of her cousin passing in childbirth and her son being passed down to a stranger that for some reason everyone one else in the village trusts.

Her glaring to Wei Wuxian who sat in front of her with Wen Yuan in his arms, Wei Wuxian bounced his son in his arms as he just stared at Wen Qing back. "I am grateful that you've come at such short notice, Lady Wen." Wei Wuxian started with.

"I am not sure if I could say the same Young Master Wei." Wen Qing sneers.

Wei Wuxian grunts in frustration, "Okay let's get something off of my chest first. Please stop calling me Young Master, I am MUCH older then I look. Also, the things I am about to put on the table will be... hard to both explain and accept."

"Please don't indulge me in small talk Master Wei and get on with it!" Wen Qing grows impatient.

Chuckling under his breath Wei Wuxian loves this woman's fire. "I will help you take your family and other Wen inhabitants that I come across, to a place you will be safe. It might be hard to live there for a while but I believe you guys can make it liveable with hard work."

"What would you like in return?"

"In return, you keep Wen Yuan and the other Wen's safe, and help Jiang Cheng with core transfer surgery."

'WHAT?!?" Wen Qing yells slamming her hands on the table, "NO! NO WAY!"

"To gain my trust and protection I need you also to show me soo good faith and my terms are for you to transfer a core into Jiang Cheng." Wei Wuxian continues. "No one will be sacrificed and the core will be coming from me. The chances of succeeding will be greater than just 50/50% as I've read from medical scrolls."

"How? How can you guarantee those results and do you know what will happen to you once you do this?" Wen Qing continues to argue.

"It's not going to do much as it comes in where you would find it hard to believe in what I am about to tell you."

"What? You're not a man or something?" Wen Qing challenged. "I mean your figure is very feminine."

Wei Wuxian barks out a laugh, "I can thank my mother for that one." he jokes back. "But no, it's not gender but rather what I am."

Both worried and scared, Wen Qing asks, "What do you mean?"

"I'm not human Wen Qing. I was never human, I am the God of souls and spirits, which means you all came from me."

No one spoked, no one blinked, just both parties continued to stare back at one another, it was Wen Yuan's gurgles that broke the silence and Wen Qing was quick to get up dragging her brother with her, "Let's go away from this crazy person." she tells him.

Shaking his head Wei Wuxian gets up and pulled Wen Ning from Wen Wing before handing Wen Yuan to him before he turns to Wen Qing who still had her back to him, and he slams his plan to her back not only making her stumble forward but also causing her soul and mind go into an out-of-body experience.

Scared out of her mind Wen Qing's was swinging her arms around as she was floating away but was able to turn around but stopped when she caught sight of her brother who was watching her body fall forward in a slow time, she could see his golden core, and to see green energy dancing around him. She couldn't see a golden core in baby Wen Yuan but she could tell when he does it's going to be a strong one.

Slowly she turns to look at Wei Wuxian who was looking up at her smiling kindly, but it was what she saw as his true form that caused her to be speechless. Wei Wuxian had no golden core because he was the golden core. All of him, head to toe, every single hair, it was all gold, and blinding at that. Red and black energy swirls around him in a beautiful dance, he was truly a sight to behold, because he was truly yin and yang. She knew he wasn't lying, nor crazy. Wei Wuxian was the God of soul and spirits.

Wei Wuxian grabs Wen Qing's shoulder and places his hand back on her back and pulls her soul and mind back into her body. When Qing came back to herself and turned around to gasp up at the God who stood behind your... you're..."

"I didn't know stuttering runs in the family." Wei Wuxian jokes causing her to glare again.