Chapter Thirty

Once he came again it was the day later and that means Jiang Cheng will come soon too. Bidding both Wen siblings Wei Wu Xian started to make his way back down the mountain to the boulder that he was before to wait for Jiang Cheng. Wei Wuxian was still weak after giving Jiang Cheng a golden core from himself. Sitting on a rock we Wei Wuxian rested for a bit longer, but was interrupted but sounds of branches snapping coming up, not down. Wei Wuxian staggered to his feet, but he was still far too tired and ended up on a knee.

Coming into view was Nie Mingjue with the entire Nie army. Seeing Wei Wuxian weak and on his knees panting, and holding his chest, little did he know was where the bandages were at. "What a surprise to find you here, Wei Wuxian!" Nie Mingjue says grabbing Wei Wuxian by the front of his collar and hauling him onto his toes.

"Sect. Leader Nie, I would say it's a pleasure but sadly I would be lying, and Lan Wangji wouldn't like that one bit." Wei Wuxian smirks knowing he got Nie Mingjue by the scruff of his neck like a kitten.

Lan Wangji already made it to Nie Sect before Nie Mingjue and his troops set out. Lan Wangji told all of the heroic deeds Wei Wuxian did in full, if Nie Mingjue does anything at all, he would be making a lier of himself to his Sect which whose motto was to always uphold justice, and trying to kill a man who has very little evidence of crimes stacked against him would go against his Sect.

As if right on time Jiang Cheng came running down the mountain and pushed Nie Mingjue off of Wei Wuxian causing the man to stagger backward and in front of him was Jiang Cheng who was ready to fight tooth and nail with him bare-fisted.

"I see you were able to regain your core, Sect. Leader Jiang." Nie Mingjue states.

"Yes, and all thanks to Wei Wuxian who will become my sworn brother. You hurt him, you are attacking the Jiang Sect, so try me, Sect Leader Nie!" Jiang Challenge.

He wasn't a fool, Nie Mingjue could almost taste the power radiating off of Jiang Cheng, he was much stronger than he seems to be from before. It was a fool's errand to fight him. "I wouldn't dream of it, but after we gain all of your swords from the Wen's I would enjoy a friendly duel with you Sect. Leader Jiang."

"Our swords?" Jiang Cheng asks.

"Lan Wangji is leading an army up to Wen's clan to get your swords back as we speak." Mingjue lets him know.

Speaking the truth, Lan Wangji just made it to the Wen compounds with Jin Zixuan where they slaughtered many and imprisoned the others to find their swords. Everyone had to carry some to be able to make it back to Nice Sect with all of them. Once Lan Wangji made it back he was surprised to find Jiang heng talking to Sect. Leader Nie.

Lan Wangji was the one who had Jiang Cheng's sword and bowed to him presenting the sword named Sandu and a bracelet/ring that was with the sword, it was Zidan, his mother's spiritual whip. Grateful for having them both, Jaing Cheng places the sword to his side and Zidan on his left hand.

"Wei Wing?" Lan Zhan asks.

"The idiot caught a cold. He is being imprisoned in a guest room until Sect. Leader Nie decided he can trust him, though he would be an idiot if he didn't."

Knowing that Wei Wuxian wasn't well-liked in the cultivating world, he was just grateful that they made it safely back to the Nie sect.