Chapter Thirty-Two

The war was finally over and all thanks to Wei Wuxian. After what they saw they did start to believe that this man was indeed the powerful immortal that is called the Yiling Patriarch that used to have his home where the burial grounds are now.

After the war, there was a grand party in the Nightless city, where Wei Wuxian was the grand honorary guest to be seated at the head of the tables. Jiang Cheng made the official announcement of being Wei Wuxian's sworn brother, which Wei Wuxian accepted right on spot. Everyone seemed to be pleased but yet terrified of Wei Wuxian, the only one who seemed to hate the slightest idea of him, was Jin Guangshan, and Meng Yao, when he had his glory ripped away from him. Before Wei Wuxian made a show of his power Meng Yao has been acting as a spy among the Wen's for Lan Xichen, who he has hidden for that half of a year, and he waited patiently to strike and gain the fame he deserves where his father would recognize him as his kin. Though it never came because it was Wei Wuxian who took the killing blow to end the war.

Even the now new hatred and anger towards the man that Meng Yao hoped would befriend, well not as much after the scene at Qinghe Nie, but he couldn't help but melt after being called by that kind man. "A-Yao! I've been wondering where you've been." Wei Wuxian greats him.

Meng Yao, blows too low, like always, but like every time Wei Wuxian catches his arms. "Yiling Patriarch, this unworthy one greats you."

Frowning at this, Wei Wuxian asks, "How are you to be unworthy of anything Meng Yao? I thought we agreed no matter our backgrounds it doesn't matter because we should be judged by our actions and not births."

"You are the great immortal Yiling Patriarch, and I'm.... nobody." Meng Yao continues.

Shaking his head Wei Wuxian still wouldn't buy it, "Not what Sect. Leader Lan has told me about you this past year. You saved him and risked your life by being a spy and intel for him from being Wen Ruohan's right-hand man. If anything you became more worthy than the most who claims they did something in the war."

"It's... it's not the same."

"Nothing could ever be the same, A-Yao but it doesn't mean we can't make do with what we already have." Wei Wuxian laughs, "It's also a fruitless task to compare yourself to someone who isn't you."

Meng Yao thought about it for a moment, "Your right, A-Ying." he decides, "We aren't the same but it doesn't mean we can't try and make something out of our accomplishments."

Wei Wuxian stood there for a moment before he asked, "Is this still about gaining your father's approval?"

Meng Yao looks up and smiles that makes a cold smile, "It's still my mother's last dying wish. I must try and grant her this much after the hard life she lived. I know you wouldn't understand A-Ying and I'm not asking you to, but don't get in my way of it, please."

Having nothing more to say to one another, Meng Yao leaves the banquet hall and still, speechless Wei Wuxian takes a seat at the head table while servants gave him food and poured him wine. At that time Jin Guangshan, who volunteered to host the celebration's feast, though anyone doubts that it would be Wei Wuxian, the Yiling Patriarch who would be seated at the head table. Jin Guangshan saw himself sitting there and stealing all the glory of the war.

He hated Wei Wuxian with a burning passion.

Though he couldn't think that way right now or it might show, though those who aren't easily fooled would rather smell it off of the man. So instead he decided to push the idea of a Head Cultivator where he hoped to snatch. Though many started to mention that it would be fair to let the immortal who has lived for years to become the Exlencey which pissed Jin Guanshan off even more.

Though it was Wei Wuxian who ended up laughing saying, "I am honored for such a position, but I was already the Head cultivator once upon a time and I must admit it took more time than I was willing to give. I am old even if I don't look like it, and now I want to live the last of my days, living in peace and raising my new son and to watch him grow up."

A cultivator who Wei Wuxian never met or not even sure which sect he was from stood up and demanded, "What do you mean your last days?"

"That isn't anything important as it hasn't been set in stone yet." Wei Wuxian shot down the question, "What I am more interested in at the moment, isn't being the Head Cultivator, but what is going to come to the remaining Wen's."

"They all should burn!" Someone yells.

"They're all evil, why should they be allowed to live when they devastated the rest of us for years?" Another says.