overdose w. loving yamada at Lv999!

tw fainting, caffeine 24/7 so no sleep, self-indulgent as a celebration to it getting an anime adaption

🗓 ⌜  mundane monday  ⌟  ┈─❟

"I swear if I die one more time, Eita..."

The girl clenched her controller, pissed. The red light was blinking on and off, the screen flashing a red GAME OVER as she slammed it down onto her coffee table with more force than necessary. She stared at it in disgust, watching how long it took before the little blue lights on top went out again. This stupid thing is always breaking when I need it to last longer!

"At least you lasted long this time..." Eita says with a laugh.

She sighed, rubbing her temples. It's been a while since she had a headache this bad. She had a lot of them lately, actually. Not that many had really affected her moods, but they definitely made their presence known. Especially now. Now that she has an even greater reason for hating games. She glared back at her console, wishing she could smash her fingers through the damn buttons and restart it over again.

But she couldn't afford another round of this particular game right now. So instead she picked up her cup of cold coffee and drank from it. And sipped. And sipped again. Eventually she finished her caffeine intake, set her cup aside, and started staring blankly into the screen once more, ignoring Eita's rambling going through her ears. After several more moments of staring at nothingness, there came a knock on her door.

Her head snapped up so fast she got whiplash. Who would be here this early? She thought everyone in the guild was supposed to be at lunch today. She had gotten a text from Akira about it. They were going to pick up Eita and Runa on the way. There was no way, they are going to visit her when she told them that she was busy too.

"Who's there?" (Y/N) sighs, placing her hands on her headset. "I'll check. I'll be back, Eita."

And then she quickly leaves the room. There's no way she'd just leave a potential guest waiting around all day like that. But when she opens her door, she finds a familiar face of a poker-faced boy. "Akito! Shouldn't you be with the others for lunch?" He looks at her and shrugs noncommittally.

"Are you okay? You look exhausted..." He frowns a bit, studying her tired features closely, intentionally dodging the question. It had worried the group that she had kept skipping on plans, especially when it comes to the guild.

"...I'm fine," she replies shortly, waving a hand dismissively, trying to keep her expression neutral. Yamada's eyes narrow slightly. (Y/N) can feel her heart pounding uncomfortably against her ribcage. Why does he bother to ask?