Chapter 24

Music above is my inspiration↑↑↑
(the start is the same as the first ending, so I'll put a mark to where you can skip to! Also, we got dreamed D:)

Zelk POV

Here I am on my way to the hospital with George.

I was informed by the desk lady, Kayla, that Mega might be waking up RIGHT NOW.

My heart bit fast and I could feel cold sweat drip down from my forehead.

In all honesty, I was scared.

Very fucking scared, but also excited.

After almost 2 fucking years, I'm still not ready to face the other.

But now's not the right time for that. I have to be there, whether I like it or not.

Kayla told me that his eyelashes started flickering slightly when someone was in the room with him, and particularly, he'd do it when I was visiting.

Also, he started reacting to light. I think that's good?

"Zelk? Are you okay? You look like you're about to pass out..."
Geo said, obviously caught me off guard.

"I-I'm good! Just nervous, I guess... He might not even be waking up yet. They told me that it's best if I'm there with him when he wakes up and explain what happened."

"Well, whatever happens, call me anytime. I'll come and pick you up."

"But you'll be working?-"

"Do you really think my shitty ass job is more important than this whole thing?"
He said.

I turn my gaze outside of the car window.

I sighed, swallowing down fear and guilt.

Now's not the time to be scared Zelk... It's supposed to be a very big and happy moment, right?

Finally reaching our destination, hopefully, for the last time, Geo dropped me off and left for work.

I slowly made my way to the entrance, each step becoming harder to make.

Each breath becomes harder to take.

Not very surprisingly Kayla was there.

"Zelk! Go to room 13, the doc believes Mega will be waking up any moment now! His heartbeat has changed or something and it's best if you're the first person he sees."

"Should I go now?"
I said feeling the panic kick in.

"YES, what did I just say?!"

Going up the stairs as fast as I can, my clumsy self tripping, and running down the corridor to room 13.

stopping to catch my breath in front of the door, I tried collecting my thoughts together.

What do I first say to him if he wakes up?

Does he want me to be the first person he sees in over 1 year?

Should I just do nothing and let this happen?

Okay okay okay, whatever happens, I need to be calm. It's fine.

I've known the boy for so many years, I got this.

I can do it.

I opened the door slowly, taking a deep breath.

I entered the small room, feeling like my legs would give out any second.

I sat beside him, overwhelmed with emotions and anxiety.

"Hi, Megs..."
I said chuckling nervously.