Chapter 8

Zelk POV
I woke up the next day. The sun was up and shining.

I sat up as a nurse came into the room.
She told me that breakfast was almost ready.

I looked around for my phone, but couldn't seem to find it.

Finally, I spotted it next to me. Had I fallen asleep with it?

I opened it and the worst happened, the one thing everyone hates. That little thing that ruins your whole day.

Battery: 2%

Luckily there is a socket right next to my bed but wait...

I don't have a charger.

As I was about to give up on life, the same nurse came in with breakfast.

"Here is your breakfast sir."
She smiled coldly.

"Ah, thank you. Um, do you have a charger?" I asked awkwardly.

"Actually yes, I'll be right back."

She exited the room.

I started eating, feeling a bit better.

The nurse came back and gave me a charger before leaving again.

I plugged in my phone and continued eating my food.

After 7 minutes my phone was like at 14%.

I texted Harvey about my PC and setup.

He said he'd go get them.

I texted him that there was a spare key in a flower pot in front of the house. Also, my parents were probably at work.

Then I remembered, I have to text Mega too.

I saw that I had some texts from him yesterday.

Mega
Hey when are you coming
Are you here
Zelk?

Zelk
Hi sorry for making you worry

Mega
Where are u

Zelk
In the hospital

Mega
Wait- are u okay

Zelk
I'm fine

Mega
What happened

Zelk
Long story short I fell off a tree

Mega
You fell off a tree? Wtf were you doing climbing a tree in the first place

Zelk
It's a long story, I'll explain when I finally make it to u

Mega
Oh
Okay
So when are they letting u leave

Zelk
Sadly in 5 days

Mega
Okay, get better soon!

Zelk

Thx

What am I supposed to do now? Well, I guess YouTube videos are an option.

I wish I had a laptop with Netflix...

Or Mega,

wait what?!

Mega POV

Poor thing.

I felt really upset for some reason. Like what the fuck, me and him aren't even close. And he's fine, he survived.

I've never felt so bad for someone so much in my whole entire life.

Wait, should I go visit him? That'd be a good surprise. I mean I have a car.

Why didn't he ask me to help him move? He doesn't have a car. Maybe he didn't want to trouble me? Whatever.

I'll visit him tomorrow. Though I could come today as well. It's not that long of a ride to Jacksonville, so yeah.

What about my cat? She can stay alone for some time, I guess. I'll refill her food bowl and water dish.

I put away the cat food and grabbed my phone. I searched for my car keys. Eventually, I found them. I also picked up my wallet, just in case.

I left my house, locking it. The morning golden sun lays its rays of light on me, making my face glow slightly.

I squinted my eyes from all of the light. I'm not used to going outside.

Well, I guess when I was younger, people used to make fun of me, because I am mute and because I have a very rare skin disease, vitiligo.

Vitiligo is a condition in which the skin loses its pigment cells. This can result in discolored patches in different areas of the body. (yeah I copy and pasted that)

I have vitiligo on my face, on my left eye. It's on my face so I can't hide it easily.

I used to get bullied by other kids, so nowadays I am toxic to everyone at first. I don't want to relieve the old hazel days of cutting. I don't want to remember the time I almost let go. I don't want to revisit the past. I don't want to go back to that horrible mindset I used to have.

Every day I couldn't think of anything other than my worth. Every little mistake I made, I'd dwell on it for weeks or even months. I'd always think I'm not good enough for people, I'm not good enough to deserve love or happiness.

I am not good enough to live, I kept telling myself. But I was too scared to die, so I cut.

1
2
3
4
.
.
.
18
19
29
.
.
.
25
26
.
.
.
35

I had cut 35 times in one day. The cuts were everywhere. Wrists, hands, thighs, legs, stomach, everywhere.

I used to run out of space to cut and I'd bite my palm, just to feel pain. Just to feed the hungry demon I had inside of me.

I used to see cutting as a way to cope with stress and a way to punish myself for all the mistakes I made.

Finally one day, I broke. I reached my limit.

I stood on a chair.

I tied a rope around my neck.

And the chair fell.

I thought I took my final breath, I was ready to meet death.

How I survived? Well, I didn't tie the rope hard enough, so when I fell it untied and I hit the ground.

I didn't break any limbs, I just had a bruise on my arm for a year or something.

That day I told my family about the bullying.

I showed them the bloody cuts.

I told them I wanted to give up on life.

With their support and with the help of a therapist I am here.

Maybe not having the most interesting life but at least I'm alive.

I realized that I've been sitting in my car for forever, like an idiot. Or should I say idot?

I started the engine and left for Jacksonville.

A/n
Hiii it's me.
I'm still on holiday but I managed to get a chapter out. And I'll keep my promise. We reached 101 votes so here's the hand reveal! (The tattoo is made out of ink, it is temporary. In my country it's called hena)

Future me here, I deleted the picture because I thought it was cringe, whoops sorry about that 

Also I was to busy to double check the chapter, so I might edit it later for mistakes. (I edited the chapter)
Word count: 989